Subaru Outback Forums banner

2013 outback upgrades

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mrz415 
#1 ·
Hey all, I am looking for some good upgrades for my 2013 black outback 2.5
Wheels, suspension, engine upgrades if you all have done any yet or have any pics too. Thanx

#2 ·
Sounds like everyone is looking for Crosstrek wheels for their outbacks.

You can get a heavier sway bar but I don't know of any other upgrade available.

Brand new engine in a family wagon = no engine upgrades available and not very many are likely in the future, but you never know.

Good luck and have fun!

#3 ·
I like this grill, but want to do it without the bumper swap. Trying to find out if it's doable.
I put Kartboy endlinks in the rear - really helped on cornering and general behavior. They won't fit the front or I'd do it. Still using the 16mm rear sway bar (RSB), and am happy with the combination.

#5 ·
King Springs makes a heavy duty spring with a mild lift. Primitive Rally sold them to me, as well as a subframe spacer kit to help with rear suspension alignment if you lift the car.

KYB makes a slightly stiffer damped shock. I bought mine from circuitmotorsports.net

There are 2 intakes I have seen, Injen (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-present/58266-injen-cold-air-intake.html) and one other... forgot who makes it, oops.

GR STI (2008+) rear sway bars fit.

There are numerous wheel and tire combos.

Rally Innovation and Primitive Rally make lightbars for the front. I have the PR one on mine.

Primitive Rally makes excellent skidplates. I have those as well.

You should be able to upgrade brake lines. I have yet to cook the fluid in mine, so... not going to bother any time soon.

There is not the huge aftermarket you'll find for the WRX, but there's stuff out there.

#6 ·
Most people will say not to bother with the intake set up,for 200$+ and nothing really to show for any difference in performance but engine sound would do this only after every thing else is done that u want on ur outback, tires and rims depending apoun what u wanted to do more off road or less same with the subspention as well lower or higher number of spacers have been made I have sublet 1in in mine this was before primitive came out with the bit bigger ones, if u want to lower it,go with legacy parts,some one on this form has dropped their outback looks sharp, also 90% of outback owners of theses years added the sti rsb I don't know if 13s need this done or not but there is a line of front and rear sway bars from white line and others. anything that is legacy u can add from this as well, I have a good amount of bracing done to mine,vary windy in Vegas so adding what I did helped ALOT with the vary gusty winds we have almost to where I don't feel any wind no matter how hard it pushes gt spec is also a good one to go with if u want tower supports they have a stealth rsb that sits under the back mat so no one ever sees it and never know it was there at all

Rim sizes the lowest u can go is 16 unless u get a smaller brake kit that primitive makes for their new style wrx and sits that will fit on an outback if u wanted 15s
I have yet to see anyone add 20+ rims to the outback of these years but I am sure it can be done. 18s is as big as I would go

You can add a unequal length heard as well if u can get ahold of a newer style sti or wrx heard and do 90o outlet turn but this will not add anything to performance even might hurt it if u have the Pzev system

Best engine upgrade is just motor swap a sti motor and go from their but good luck with this :)

#7 ·
Rim sizes the lowest u can go is 16 unless u get a smaller brake kit that primitive makes for their new style wrx and sits that will fit on an outback if u wanted 15s...
Both Braid and Team Dynamics make wheels that clear the brakes and are 15" wheels. I test fit a set of MB Alpina (Discount Tires brand) 15x7 wheels on mine, and they cleared the brakes. So it's possible to go 15" without a smaller brake kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.