Subaru Loyalty Coupon - $500 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subaru Loyalty Coupon - $500

I've seen a few mentions on here about people who have a relatively new Subaru (past 4 years or so) getting a $500 loyalty coupon from SOA towards the purchase of a new one.

Well, just out of curiosity, I called SOA today to see if we might be eligible - even though our car is a 2003 Legacy wagon. The lady tried looking up the car using my wife's name (the '03 was purchased before we were married) but had no luck, so she asked for the VIN which worked. She immediately said she could issue us a loyalty coupon and sent a PDF via e-mail as soon as we got off the phone.

So heads up to anyone with an older Subaru getting ready to buy another one! A 5 minute phone call could save you another $500.

[Apologies if this is old news, but everything I've read previously seemed to indicate the coupon was only for more recent car purchases.]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 10:05 PM

Car: 2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
Sweeeett!!!!

She bought it new? That's cool.

Je Suis Désolé...
post #3 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 12:20 PM

Car: 2015 Carbide Gray Outback 2.5 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHokie View Post
I've seen a few mentions on here about people who have a relatively new Subaru (past 4 years or so) getting a $500 loyalty coupon from SOA towards the purchase of a new one.

Well, just out of curiosity, I called SOA today to see if we might be eligible - even though our car is a 2003 Legacy wagon. The lady tried looking up the car using my wife's name (the '03 was purchased before we were married) but had no luck, so she asked for the VIN which worked. She immediately said she could issue us a loyalty coupon and sent a PDF via e-mail as soon as we got off the phone.

So heads up to anyone with an older Subaru getting ready to buy another one! A 5 minute phone call could save you another $500.

[Apologies if this is old news, but everything I've read previously seemed to indicate the coupon was only for more recent car purchases.]

I owe you a beer! I called the customer service number and at first the rep said there were no loyalty programs in effect, but then I told him I had a 2011 Outback and he asked for the last 8 digits of the VIN. I now have a $500 coupon coming my way. It is good for one year. Since I should be picking up my 2015 in a couple of weeks, it will come in very handy!
post #4 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 02:02 PM

Odd, I just got off the phone and was told the same, no loyalty offers. Gave him the VIN of my wife's car (2009 Outback Sport) and the mileage...still no luck. He did look up regional incentives and gave me the information on the same financing rates on the SOA website. Any idea why I struck out?
post #5 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:10 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium w/Eye Sight
I already purchased my new 2015 eariler this month and asked about the dealer about a loyalty program. (After buying my wife's Forester in 2011, we are hooked.) I was told they only have one for people who are getting a new lease after their previous one is up. I wil lbe calling to see about the $500. Worst they can say is no!
post #6 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:40 PM

Car: '03 L.L. Bean OBW 148,000 mi Dad: 2012 3.6 Limited 65,000 mi Mom- 2015 Impreza 5MT
Garage
Is there any chance this will still be going on in a year or two when my parents are shopping?

Exact emulation may not be advisable.
post #7 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateknightucd View Post
Odd, I just got off the phone and was told the same, no loyalty offers. Gave him the VIN of my wife's car (2009 Outback Sport) and the mileage...still no luck. He did look up regional incentives and gave me the information on the same financing rates on the SOA website. Any idea why I struck out?
Did you buy the '09 new from a Subaru dealer? If yes, then I can't imagine why you wouldn't be eligible. Maybe try again and see if a different customer service agent has a different answer.
post #8 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LLBean View Post
Is there any chance this will still be going on in a year or two when my parents are shopping?
Your guess is as good as anyone's! If you get the coupon today, it is good till the end of 2015. If you don't think they will purchase in 2015, you can always try calling SOA when they get closer to buying.

Bottom line - it never hurts to call and ask. I honestly didn't expect to get anything when I called but figured it was worth a few minutes of my time to try.
post #9 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 PM

I reckon any Subaru salesperson will offer that same $500 off any new vehicle just by asking.

'12 Outback Limited 2.5i, Cypress Green Pearl, sunroof, illumination package #2, rear bumper guard, puddle lights, mudflaps, no nav
'10 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4X2 long bed
'86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, restored, original, LS3
'14 Harley Davidson FXDC
post #10 of 130 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I reckon any Subaru salesperson will offer that same $500 off any new vehicle just by asking.
I disagree. I negotiated the best possible price I could from the dealer. This coupon lowers that price by another $500 - my guess is that SOA reimburses the dealer the $500 so they don't lose it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: