What little things passengers do to drive ya nuts? - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by traildogck View Post
Make sure she see's that comment...
She don't ride that much when we're not road tripping. She prefers her baby Outback.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dende.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	302721  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 12:15 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Bone Stock...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbag View Post
Now THAT is what EyeSight was invented for. No more arguements. Not the head-on thing of course.
Now.... you know with autonomous driving being developed, this whole thing might not have been an issue. You all know once cars can drive for themselves...humans are going to be doing a different type of driving.

Back seat or otherwise. Then...we are really going to have a problem with "smudges".

Yikes!...Duck! Now you might really need a towel.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - chassis - brakes - cooling - power.
XRT Tuned, Running Blind Without Eyesight

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Outback XT ... No Longer Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HomeGrown Wrenching Services ... Colorado Front Range[/U]
Custom Fabrications .. Repairs .. DIY Instruction Classes .. Mobile Operations
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbag View Post
Now THAT is what EyeSight was invented for. No more arguements. Not the head-on thing of course.
I had drifted up into the middle of the road. and noticed just as the oncoming driver was honking at me.

no need for fancy full fledged Eyesight, even more simple rudimentary lane keeping technology would have done the job,

or even a low tech rumble strip, chopped of the middle of the road would have done it.

(the state actually has done that in places here recently....and if they have not done so already on that section of road, maybe I should send them a letter detailing how dangerous it is to be a teen driver on their roads).

and I am getting so old, it took me like 18 hours to even remember what that chick's name was after 26 years.

_______

that said. I think it would make for a great Subaru commercial. ...a spoof of their current teens driving their families' brand new cars.

for me this was around 1991-1992 in a 88 justy 2wd, 5speed manual.

but could have been a 86 4wd DL wagon. (4wd high via a "shift on the fly type" button on top of the 5 speed manual shift knob.)

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 01:45 PM

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, with custom-added always-on auxillary power for an inverter, 3x DC jacks, and a radio transciever.
All-time worst was a girl I gave a ride to in college, I was following a group of people to lunch (we needed multiple cars to fit everyone) and this chick started like fiddling with all the HVAC controls then changing the radio and turning it up then complaining that we needed to go a different way than the people I was following. It was awful. I wished I could smack them and lock them in the back.

Mostly the only thing I have people do that bothers me is playing with the window-control...either repeatedly clicking roll-up or making it go up and down like 1/8 inch repeatedly. Generally I don't care if people mess with the controls - I'll let them play DJ with the aux-in or adjust their side of the dual-zone HVAC and do whatever they want as long as it's not actively distracting me.

Not sure if trying to keep rolling it up hurts anything but I toggle the window-lock when I notice passengers playing with the controls just in case. At least then it's only the physical button that might wear out, not the motor.

...and #1 thing I hate riding with other people is when they turn the fan down to "almost nothing" or off. It's worse when I'm in the back seat. As long as I have enough air (I find 1/2 fan or more about right) I don't really get car-sick at all doing basically anything in any kind of conditions -- but I get super-nauseous in no time if I don't have enough air. That's about the only thing I really have to demand when I ride with people but it's mostly I don't want to puke all over their car (and I hope that they'd consider a bit of fan reasonable trade-off for not blowing chunks).
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2003 2.5 4EAT with AWP and 2002 3.0 L.L. Bean wagons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucey View Post
She don't ride that much when we're not road tripping. She prefers her baby Outback.
Cute little bug eye.
Brucey likes this.

Have you tried using the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2003 Outback 2.5 wagon: "Kaylee". 161,000 and counting.
More rust than I care to think about. And leaking head gaskets. And electrical gremlins. Still flyin'.

2002 L.L. Bean Limited 3.0 Outback wagon: "Mal". 110,000 and counting.
Plenty of battle scars and fixing up the previous owner's neglect.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 03:12 PM

Car: 2017 2.5 White Touring w/about every accessory
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When tying to make a right lane change they lean forward so they can see the blind spot while blocking my view.
16OB4Doggie likes this.

I'm not happy....till you're not happy
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 03:19 PM

Car: 2017 2.5 White Touring w/about every accessory
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by millermmail View Post
........Not sure if trying to keep rolling it up hurts anything but I toggle the window-lock when I notice passengers playing with the controls just in case. At least then it's only the physical button that might wear out, not the motor........
It must be able to. The new(er?) OB's have circuit breakers for that reason. I actually read the manual for that nugget.
millermmail likes this.

I'm not happy....till you're not happy
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 10:21 PM

Car: 2017 Outbacks 2.5 Limited w/Eyesight, White and Tungsten
Oh Those Little Things

What makes me cringe is someone who gets in my car and S-L-A-M-S the door so hard the car rocks on its suspension! It's like they just crawled out of their dump truck and are used to big heavy steel doors. You know your door frame is bent, its gotta be. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they close a car door...
post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Offer to take her off-roading. Let her drive. That will make her stop, and she will really dig you for that.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:11 PM

Car: 2016 2.5i Ltd Outback (Tungsten)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog1 View Post

She won't do it any more after handing her a tissue to wipe marks off of window.
You handed her a tissue to wipe off your window? I'm guessing it's a moot point now since I am guessing she won't be a passenger in your car again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: