So how many Newbies are former VW TDI Sportwagon Owners? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2014 3.6R Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So how many Newbies are former VW TDI Sportwagon Owners?

Thought this might be an interesting question being a former TDI Sportwagon Owner myself! I personally think a strong percentage of former TDI Sportwagon owners will become Outback owners. I would have probably been 1 before if it wasn't for the fact the nearest VW dealer was 25 miles away while the nearest Suburu dealer was 50 miles away!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:43 PM

Car: 2017 2.5i Outback Limited w/ES
Here - 2011 JSW TDI for a 2017 OB limited w/ES

post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
enough it needs a Gen5 subforum, @Brucey ?

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
enough it needs a Gen5 subforum, @Brucey ?
I figure a dozen lost souls is the breaking point. Although I mean, they don't own them anymore. But sure.

You're in charge of the introduction poem this time, though.

post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucey View Post
I figure a dozen lost souls is the breaking point. Although I mean, they don't own them anymore. But sure.

You're in charge of the introduction poem this time, though.

I produced one for the Tribeca sub forum,

....and although I have owned a VW gas,...(and still want a 2004 era diesel) someone else can take a stab.

and we have had a whole lot of threads in the time of the bombshells about the VW and other manufactures faking their diesel emissions....(plenty to auto load)

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I produced one for the Tribeca sub forum,

....and although I have owned a VW gas,...(and still want a 2004 era diesel) someone else can take a stab.

and we have had a whole lot of threads in the time of the bombshells about the VW and other manufactures faking their diesel emissions....(plenty to auto load)
I call B.S.

There wasn't a poem there, a haiku, or even a limerick in that thread! You just linked to my poem and Carnegie prize winning art.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I call B.S.

There wasn't a poem there, a haiku, or even a limerick in that thread! You just linked to my poem and Carnegie prize winning art.
which you did not make,...shanghaiing @rasterman to slave away at 11:30pm EST

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
which you did not make,...shanghaiing @rasterman to slave away at 11:30pm EST
Rasterman didn't make that you can ask him, fam.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 PM

Car: 2017 Outback Touring 3.6R - Pearl Brown
Garage
So how many Newbies are former VW TDI Sportwagon Owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Suburu View Post
Thought this might be an interesting question being a former TDI Sportwagon Owner myself! I personally think a strong percentage of former TDI Sportwagon owners will become Outback owners. I would have probably been 1 before if it wasn't for the fact the nearest VW dealer was 25 miles away while the nearest Suburu dealer was 50 miles away!

I purchased an Outback 3.6R Touring in September and will be selling our 2013 VW JSW TDI back to Volkswagen before September 2018. We will keep it until just before the buyback offer expires. My wife drives the VW and I drive the Outback. But our family car has transitioned to the more comfortable Subaru Outback Touring.

I formerly drove a 2005 BMW 325 CI convertible. The Subaru Outback Touring does everything the Sportwagen does and more. It will drive us to Tahoe more reliably on snowy days. But I wish it could match the 43 mpg the diesel gets. When we shopped for the VW Sportwagen, we also considered the Subaru Outback. They compete naturally against each other for our requirements.

Subaru should sell diesel Outbacks in USA. But the VW dieselgate scandal may have killed the prospect of diesels in America. It's a shame. I love diesel efficiency and torque.

The Outback, VW Alltrack and the Audi Allroad seem to be the natural migration paths for disaffected VW TDI owners.

The Touring model has compelling luxury like features that won me over.

This is my 4th Subaru, but it stands in a new class of luxury and appointments, and it makes me smile everytime I climb inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Rasterman didn't make that you can ask him, fam.
I didn't think it was great enough for his professional abilities,....hence zero signature.

@DavidPeab would have worked on it for 10 minutes and embedded a doggie Jude in it somewhere like a person designing US currency.

dbart likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: