Wreckless Driving - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default Wreckless Driving

The following was posted on the Club Liberty forum, its a Subaru forum. Thought it was interesting. Show it to your lead foot teens.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFkw5JFOmHk
cardoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ouch.
rswanker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Russia is ground zero for bad drivers.
Me thinks it is because few could drive a car in Russia prior to the fall of the USSR 20 years ago. Driving is a relatively recent addition to their culture.
BTW, I indoctrinated my teenage son to safe driving by bringing him to an autopsy of a motorcyclist..
'12 Outback Limited 2.5i, Cypress Green Pearl, sunroof, illumination package #2, rear bumper guard, puddle lights, mudflaps, no nav
'10 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4X2 long bed
'86 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, restored, original, stock
'14 Harley Davidson FXDC
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was just about to ask what country this was in. Those pedestrians were never taught to look both ways before crossing.
jesseP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon

did I just see about a dozen people die?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited

Siberia has a lot of problems- lots of fast, newer JDM cars get dumped there because of Japan's auto tax laws. So they wind up in the hands of less-experienced Russian drivers on poor roads in poor weather.

I saw the original 'Navara' video embedded in there- a Nissan Navara truck going sideways and being blasted into powder by an oncoming semi. Many of these dashcam videos are actually referred to as Navara videos as a result.

Many russian insurance companies won't pay unless there is dashcam video of the accident, so russian car crashes are over-represented on youtube these days. Can you imagine if we'd been running dashcams on all insured American cars?
rasterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 3.6 Limited

No wreckless Subaru drivers around here. But tons of idiot BMW drivers. I swear they are the most stupid, wreckless and dangerous drivers on the road.
Mods: STi 19MM rear sway bar, STi pedal set, GT Spec rear strut brace, LED lights, Forester stainless exhaust tips, Alpine 235BT, JL Audio speakers, Dynamat Xtreme, Subtle dead pedal, Bosch ICON wiper blades, stealth turn signal bulbs, Cree LED DRL's, SAP Edition headlights
Scoobie13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i CVT Limited, Nav+EyeSight

That's not wreckless at all! It's a video FULL of wrecks...

reckless, perhaps... :-P
Se7enLC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2003 Outback Lim 5spdMT 2.5L, 241K..2013 Outback Lim SAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobie13 View Post
No wreckless Subaru drivers around here. But tons of idiot BMW drivers. I swear they are the most stupid, wreckless and dangerous drivers on the road.
Yes - it is my observation from years of driving on So Cal roads/highways, that reckless/obnoxious drivers SEEM to be BMW owners by a large margin.
This is not scientific, but just my observation.

I had a lengthy discussion about this very topic - these vids from Eastern Europe, not a month ago - due to my frequent time surfing the site liveleak.com.
On that site, almost daily, you can see horrible accidents of all types just like the video that was posted here. The videos OVERWHELMINGLY are from the Eastern European countries, Poland, Ukraine, Russia.
I was speaking to a woman that is from Poland and has spent a lot of time in these places.
Never mind that dash cameras are a LOT more common there, but I was commenting on how crazy people drive, as there seems to be little concern for any laws in these vids.
She pointed out how America comes (general culturally) from an English backround - where culture has a history of being much more orderly and proper, and while we are full of immigrants from many cultures, that theme generally kept in our society - with the help of strong enforcement of laws (sometimes to many feels like a police state, esp when my friends from Canada come here and get searched at every entertainment event/hospital/airport parking lot we go to.) For better or worse, and whatever you think about crime here, we generally have a society that is very law abiding compared to other countries. She said in a lot of these Eastern European countries, driving is strongly without much law enforcement and its kind of a free for all (comparatively anyway). She spoke at length of how peoples concept of following the law is a bit different than cultures like in England or here in America.

I would say this is more the reason for these videos than just saying Russia is ground zero for bad drivers. I was a teen, (new driver) with all my friends, and apart from MOMENTS of horsing around, generally everyone drove with caution and way more respect for driving laws than I see daily in these vids from Russia and other places.

And BTW I am fully in support of showing young teens the REALITY of driving recklessly. And I think teens should have to take an emergency maneuvers type class to know what it feels like to handle a car in emergency situations.

I was about 19 when I witnessed a horrible accident right across the intersection from me, a truck flew through a red light, t-boned a woman in her left hand turn lane waiting to turn across from me, and the truck flipped in the air, driver ejected out window onto pavement, unconscious, and the truck landed on top of a little girl that was waiting with her mother on the corner to cross the street. She would have been smashed if it werent for the light pole and high cement flower bed that the truck got wedged between as it landed, leaving about a foot or so underneath still clear. The girl was knocked to the ground but walked away with minor injuries. The flying truck just missed the mother by inches.
I also watched a dead kid get taken out of a miata after sitting on the lap of the person in passenger seat around the same time. Nothing made me want to drive safer more than those moments.

To this day - people who hang on the very edge of sidewalks waiting to cross streets annoy me. Such a dangerous place to stand in a busy intersection where most accidents happen.
Sequoia225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car: 2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7

Yeah, definitely not wreckless lol.

At 4:24 it looks like the passenger was disintegrated by that semi. Just a spray of red...
And, come he|| or high water, I'm going to make the interior illumination kit work with eyesight.
Latigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: