Join Date: May 2013
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just picked up a new 2013 OB SAP 2.5i
Brand new to this forum.
Traded in my Chrysler Aspen last night and I am blown away by this Outback.
So I no longer have the HEMI V8 power to pass on the 405 but my commute is so much more enjoyable.
Really impressed with what Subaru offers for under 30K. My wife's 2008 A6 wagon was 30K when it was 3 years old (PS thank god for Audi CPO - every other month it's at the dealer)
I was nervous about the purchase as I have read many flat reviews online regarding the drive of the vehicle.
I would say it drives very much like a BMW - taught suspension and tight steering. I prefer the OB to the A6 which has adaptive air suspension. The A6 has tons more power but maybe because I'm pushing 40 I just don't lead-foot it anymore.
So what I like so far after one day of ownership:
- safety rating
- gas savings
- infotainment system which trumps the Audi MMI
- taught sporty ride
- for austerity measures it doesn't feel nearly as braggy as the Audi
- LOVE the fact I can stow the cargo shade
- reclining rear seat and room for six footers in the back seat
What I don't like:
- the keyless fob doesn't unlock all doors as you walk near the car - I have to open the driver's door and hit the unlock button for others to get in.
What I'm neutral about:
- EQ instead of bass / mid / treble settings
- the hatch isn't powered (for reliability reasons I don't mind)