Subaru Outback Forums banner

Dodge Challenger AWD 305hp Competition for Outback?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  z28dug 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Also a roomier, more comfortable passenger compartment.....and way more fun to drive.

I have no issue with it being a Dodge.

Reactions: Yoda_One
#9 ·
I'm entertained by this notion, but worried I'd be bored with it. I've driven a couple hi-po Challengers and overall I think it's an awesome car.

They are claiming 4.9" for the Charger, not sure how much different the Challenger will be. Obviously it's not going to be for roaming fire roads in the forest but 5" is plenty for most circumstances with most people.

#10 ·
There had to be better coverage available out there than a Fox News test driver traversing the same segment of snow-covered roadway 50 times with way too much power applied for the conditions, and the Barbie-doll newsroom commenter actually struggling with the English language.

And I found it here: 2017 Dodge Challenger GT all-wheel drive driven in the snow and on the road

My take? At 4106 lbs., RWD dominant torque split (0/100 under normal driving conditions), and 305 HP achieved at a screaming 6350 RPM, it isn't set up use this AWD for advantage on the track. I would guess at this power-to-weight ratio, a WRX-STi would take it under most all conditions. So what do they do instead? Why, let's try marketing it as a Subaru Outback challenger under mild winter conditions (i.e. no ground clearance issues) until we fit in the V8 engine!

#17 ·
last video I saw called that was a 2014,...and them swedish testers need to put some pontoon bars on the sides of the vehicles,...and some helmets etc. on.

here is the video of the 2016 challenger in a small offset test at IIHS. ="marginal" (that is just over "poor")

[ame]https://youtu.be/XHSYAlsIc2I?t=3m40s[/ame]

Reactions: jxp4343
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.