Carpet Cleaning Tips - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 11:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carpet cleaning machine is the most popular nowadays to remove dirt from your house ...with the help of carpet we keep our home clean and dust free.There are many other tips for carpet cleaning.

washington carpet cleaning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Car: 1999 Outback w/ 213K!
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^ Spam.

Anyways, through my detailing experience the best solution for really grimy carpets is to remove the seats, place towels or plastic over all paneling with electronic (anywhere you don't want a water stain as well), spray some degreaser or all-purpose cleaner and let set for a while.

(be careful with the degreaser - it is very strong and can alter the color of your carpet if you let sit too long) Then pressure wash and let air dry, or use a shop vac to mop up the excess water.

Hope that helps.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 AM

From last 3 years i am using extractor for cleaning carpets if it contains a lot of dirt.
sometimes i have shampooed it by removing the seats and taking carpet out from my Lexus.
and always it resulted good..

Carpet Cleaners Boynton Beach
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Car: 1998 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBK/LMT/30TH Engine 2.5L H4 PFI DOHC 16V
Hey guys well when I sold my 97 Oldsmobile I had to detail it (let my wife use it and her friend completely screwed it long story) but when it was time to clean the carpet it was pretty frigging bad sand clay dirt and some sort of candy what I did was take out the front seats and got a bottle of simple green and a 5 gal bucket as well as a long handled hard bristle scrub brush a short square hard bristle scrub brush my water hose and my wet dry shop vac
I sloshed about 3 gals of diluted simple green into the car esp. on the really really bad spots on them I also put straight simple green after I let it sit for a bit I commenced scrubbing for hours id say about 3 or so straight scrubbing intermittently using the water hose and shop vac on really really bad places after that I rinsed the whole carpet down with the water hose and shop vac'ed it all out then shop vac'ed the whole carpet to get it as dry as I could then I used a bissel spot remover (small carpet steam cleaner) on the whole carpet
the end result of all this was the maroon carpet that was in the car did not fade whatsoever and the carpet looked brand new no kidding it looked better than when I received the car myself I did all this without removing the carpet from the car so if that's an option definitely do that as it will make the whole process much much easier for you and not have any chances of rust building up later hope this helps guys

1998 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBK/LMT/30TH limited Edition.
Engine 2.5L H4 PFI DOHC 16V
Automatic Transmission

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout"
Robert Heinlein
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Car: 2012 outback limited
Will post this caution! Make sure to really really suck out all the moisture in the carpet after shampooing. Know a person who's whole family ended up in intensive care, because he did not do a good drying job. Moisture and existing "fungi"?, just took off breeding. Problem most likely was this person was to worried of return, "4 hour retail time", then fininshing properly? Far and few, but worth mentioning.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM

Car: 1997, VW, Jetta, 5 Speed, 240,000 miles
I agree with go12, unless you live in a very hot area. Powerwashing you carpet inside the car is a no-no. you may get the top dry but you will never get the underlay dry. all you will end up with is a very bad smell. the only way i would powerwash it is to take the carpet out. Do not I stress, Do not soak you floors. if you are trying to extract out black stains, sometimes they dont come out. remember stains can be perminant. for that i would go down to your local auto store and buy some carpet dye spray paint. If you are tring to get out sand and dirt. a good strong vac. and time. taking the seats out is a good idea. please becareful of the seat bolts. if rusty they could snap. if you have tar stains. a little bit of solvent like thinner on a rag and then extract it. For salt stains white vinegar, drip some on the stain and massage in with a stiff brush. then extract up.
Good luck
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 02:36 PM

As little water as possible lots of suds a really sudsy car soap works well the suds help lift the dirt and then hit it with a wet/dry shopvac. The key is to lift the dirt out of the carpet with as little water as possible. Power washing the interior with a power washer would be cause for sending you back to drivers ED school.

Power washing out a rubber mat interior of an old truck which also has drains in the bottom of the cabin not so silly. A car with carpet and otherwise lots of stuff like wires and such not smart.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
What I typically do is pull all of the seats and consoles out, rent a carpet shampooer/extractor for a day and go at cleaning as best I can. I did this when I bought my Outback in January, and it made a big difference.

is it effective?
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 03:43 AM

i had a problem with my carpet..My dog pee on it.. It smells stinky..

What should i do to remove those smells?

Upper East Side Carpet Cleaning
park slope carpet cleaning
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 AM

Any recommendations on a professional carpet cleaner? I need some help. I need my carpet to get cleaned.

carpet cleaning Philadelphia
carpet cleaning Philadelphia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: