Remove interior trim - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Remove interior trim

Anyone know how to remove the trim bezel that surrounds the nav system and center vents in my 2008 Outback? I presume these are friction clips, but do not want to start prying if there are screws hidden somewhere.

thanks
MassSuby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Outback 2.5i

I just removed the cubby and the console out of my 2005 2.5i OBW. The interior hasn't changed from what I can tell since. The cubby is held in by plastic friction clips that are around the rounded corners of the cubby. They came out relatively easy with a rounded blade prytool working around the corners. Mine does not have the navigation package so I can not tell you about the plugs, but on mine there is a light plug on top that is easier to just pry the light from the clips than to try to press up on the release of the plug. The tighter and harder to get to was the plug on the mpg/time/temp display on the bottom which I found the wiring harness has the slack taped up behind the dash. Find something to push up on the white release tab to unplug it and the cubby will slide foreward out. Do yourself a favor when you get it out and cut the electrical tape on the wiring loom so you can pull it out father when you reconnect the plug. Be careful prying around in there because the passenger side airbag connections are just to the right of the cubby fortunately they are identified by the yellow loom.
"But a certain Samaritan,...came upon him and had compassion on him, and he went to him, and bound his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. Luke 10:33-34
Rescubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Legionairre

Car: 07 XT with AT

I used a couple plastic scrapers for my wife's Pampered Chef pizza stone, but any thin sturdy object will do OK. Wouldn't recommend a screwdriver, though, or you might scratch it up. Once you pry the bezel off you'll see the screws holding the nav unit in.

Are you going to do video thru the nav system?
Mark
XTMark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: