Subaru Plow - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2005, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
I'm Not Slash...yet.

Car: 2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal / 2002 Outback Limited - Timberline Green
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FMGreen
Default Subaru Plow

Someone needs to invent a plow that I can attach to the front of my Scooby. It doesn't need to be all fancy and hydraulic...just a solid piece of plastic/metal that I could use.

Imagine it...back the car into the garage at night...in the morning, attach the plow to the front end (via the ingenius mounting system) set it to the desired angle, and simply put the car into a low gear and push the snow directly across the street into the front yard of the house over there. One simple motion to remove the bulk of the snow in the driveway. Then just back right back into your driveway and remove the plow. Shovel up the rest of the mess and you're done.

I imagine it could save a ton of time and I'm pretty sure that we've got enough torque to be able to push a decent amount of snow directly out of the driveway, we'd have good traction to start with coming out of the garage too.

I suppose I could've put this into the "ultimate outback" thread, but this is something that seems more universal. Perhaps our friend who makes the custom front-end Brush/Bull Bar system can design some sort of adapter for a plow system...

*dreams*
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
I'm Not Slash...yet.

Car: 2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal / 2002 Outback Limited - Timberline Green
Send a message via AIM to FMGreen

Seriously people, someone has to make this happen! It would rule!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tokyo's between my toes

Car: 2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT

Perhaps, instead of a plow, a 2-stage snow blower that attaches to the front end. Instead of pushing the snow, throw it out of the way.
The_Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mengde's Brigadier

Car: 2005 OBXT Ltd 5MT Champagne
Default Re: Subaru Plow

Quote:
Originally posted by FMGreen
Someone needs to invent a plow that I can attach to the front of my Scooby. It doesn't need to be all fancy and hydraulic...just a solid piece of plastic/metal that I could use.

Imagine it...back the car into the garage at night...in the morning, attach the plow to the front end (via the ingenius mounting system) set it to the desired angle, and simply put the car into a low gear and push the snow directly across the street into the front yard of the house over there. One simple motion to remove the bulk of the snow in the driveway. Then just back right back into your driveway and remove the plow. Shovel up the rest of the mess and you're done.

I imagine it could save a ton of time and I'm pretty sure that we've got enough torque to be able to push a decent amount of snow directly out of the driveway, we'd have good traction to start with coming out of the garage too.

I suppose I could've put this into the "ultimate outback" thread, but this is something that seems more universal. Perhaps our friend who makes the custom front-end Brush/Bull Bar system can design some sort of adapter for a plow system...

*dreams*
I like that! Perhaps the guy that makes the off road bumpers could design a simple snow blade that would quickly attach to his off-road bumper.
FastSly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 2013 XV Crosstrek

Snowplow, why not just run a pressurized fuel line from the gastank and have a spark plug to create Subzilla! The first flame throwing Subaru designed to clear snow quickly.*

Jay

*might need a larger fuel tank.
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mengde's Brigadier

Not very environmentally or politically correct. But it would look cool at night!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
SubaruOutback.org Founder

Car: 2010 Outback Unfixable Shaker Edition

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Lizard
Perhaps, instead of a plow, a 2-stage snow blower that attaches to the front end. Instead of pushing the snow, throw it out of the way.
Actually I was thinking about getting one of those El Cheapo snow blowers to put in my car. A buddy of mine carries one of those in the back of his Dodge during the winter and it really comes in handy when people need pulled out of the stuff. Heaven forbid I ever have to use it to pull the Hero Wagon out
Ignatius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mengde's Brigadier

Car: 02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack

maybe we need to add a PTO option to the Ultimate OB, for running snow throwers and various ag implements.....i can see it now, plowin the back forty with the XT......
CPToversteer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2013 XV Crosstrek

Actually, I'm thinking of now, that my flame thrower could serve two purposes, not only could it plow snow, it could also prevent the "Pooping" as in the thread about the Subaru pooping slush in the garage. One would have to get some asbestos sidewalled tires and heat-resistant paint, but just a second or two of flames in the wheel well will easily solve all the pooping problems.

I'm a genius! Nevermind that I couldn't find the light in the rear wagon compartment for the life of me.

Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mengde's Brigadier

Jay is now a legend, in his own mind anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: