What pet barrier for 2015? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2011 3.6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What pet barrier for 2015?

So I've got the dealer calling me back with what will be available. Meanwhile, has anyone put one in theirs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 06:27 AM

Car: 2015 Outback Premium
NoFives
Had the pet barrier installed last Friday and was effective in keeping the 3 smallish dogs in the back on a trip this past weekend. Barrier is pricey for what it is but does appear well made and sturdy.
The dealer ordered it the previous Monday as was not in stock when car was delivered. Installation took them 20 minutes or so. The barrier does seem to exclude using the cargo cover, but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 PM

The barrier takes up some space from the cargo area and it doesn't completely block the dogs from getting through but it seems like a well built piece of gear. I got a great deal on mine so I'm pretty happy with it. I wish they would have shaped it a little better to cover the space more completely though.
And no, you can't use the cargo cover and the separator because it clips into those slots that you would have had the cover in.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 10:28 AM

If you tilt the seats back it closes the gap between the barrier and the seats....
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Car: '05 Outback 2.5i - 5-Spd Manual (Now with a new Family)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner_Herman View Post
And no, you can't use the cargo cover and the separator because it clips into those slots that you would have had the cover in.
That's crappy, the Thrid Gen Cargo Barriers fit with the Cover in place, did the Fourth Gen's?

~Scott
'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon (Now with a new owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

'04 KYB's all around | SpecB LCA Bushings | Whiteline Rear Camber Bushings | LGT RSB | Hawk HPS Pads | Nokian WR G2 SUV's | '08 HU | Subaru Sub

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 05:01 PM

Car: 2015 2.5I Outback Limited (White)
2015 Pet Barrier

Any new feedback on these? I am considering getting one for my two medium-sized dogs. How easily does it install/uninstall? Thanks!
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 11:43 PM

I've had my 2015 Outback with the Subaru pet barrier for 3 weeks now and I really don't like it.
The only positives are that it is extremely sturdy and it looks like it is custom made for the car (which, of course, it is).
Some of the negatives (most are already mentioned):
--Non trivial to remove (you need a wrench).
--Can't use the cargo cover when barrier is installed.
--Barrier does not extend to floor and, in order to allow the rear seats to recline, there is a large gap between the barrier and the seats when the seats are upright. My 60-lb hound mix can squeeze through the gap. Yes, you can narrow the gap by reclining the rear seats, but that's inconvenient for me since my frequent rear seat passengers prefer the rear seats to be fully upright.
--Due to the barrier being located so far to the rear, the space it gives the dogs is much less than you would expect. Very tight when I put both of my dogs (the other is a 65-lb Lab mix) back there. Pretty cramped even when it's just one dog in the back.
--The barrier blocks the dogs' access to the far rear side windows and they don't like that.
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
I've had my 2015 Outback with the Subaru pet barrier for 3 weeks now and I really don't like it.
The only positives are that it is extremely sturdy and it looks like it is custom made for the car (which, of course, it is).
Some of the negatives (most are already mentioned):
--Non trivial to remove (you need a wrench).
--Can't use the cargo cover when barrier is installed.
--Barrier does not extend to floor and, in order to allow the rear seats to recline, there is a large gap between the barrier and the seats when the seats are upright. My 60-lb hound mix can squeeze through the gap. Yes, you can narrow the gap by reclining the rear seats, but that's inconvenient for me since my frequent rear seat passengers prefer the rear seats to be fully upright.
--Due to the barrier being located so far to the rear, the space it gives the dogs is much less than you would expect. Very tight when I put both of my dogs (the other is a 65-lb Lab mix) back there. Pretty cramped even when it's just one dog in the back.
--The barrier blocks the dogs' access to the far rear side windows and they don't like that.
Just bought a new outback and I'd have to agree with this previous post. Bummer was, it wasn't cheap -quite a poor design.
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 PM

Car: 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited Eyesight Lapis Blue Pearl
We have one in our 2013 limited, and while it did keep the dogs(one Yorkie and one blue healer) in the rear, we aren't going to get one in our 2015 that is on order. It takes up too much room. It is too troublesome to remove. (Our blue healer died, and so won't EVER jump the seat again). Our daughter is rear facing now, but in a couple more years(hoping for at least her 4th birthday, we'll turn her car seat around and forward face. And the pet barrier prevents access to the anchor for a car seat. So, no go.

The barrier served it's purpose. Not once did our dogs make it past, and they were both terrible about it in our old forester. But without the larger dog as a threat to jumping on our car-seater baby girl, we've been considering taking the barrier out anyways.

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited EyeSight- Lapis Blue Pearl (replaced 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited Eyesight- Ice Silver Metallic that replaced 2006 Subaru Forester 2.5X)
1996 BMW Z3- Black
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 11:00 AM

Car: Crystal White 3.6R Limited with EyeSight, Popular package #5
http://http://www.autoanything.com/p...-cargo-barrierDoes anyone have experience with this one?

Can't get the link to post- Kurgo Wander cargo barrier. Looks like it doesn't require tools to install/remove.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: