Subaru cargo organizer: who's got one? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 2.5i Premium Eyesight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subaru cargo organizer: who's got one?

Eyeballing this guy from Subaru Online Parts http://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-cargo-organizer-p-3731.html

Anyone use, and have pics inside the cargo area?

I read another thread where people said it's only about 24" wide. There's also a Harbor Freight unit that is very similar for $13. Anyone had both?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 10:25 PM

Car: 2015 Outback 2.5i, purchased new Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRothstein View Post
Eyeballing this guy from Subaru Online Parts Subaru Outback Cargo Organizer (Part No: SOA567T100)

I read another thread where people said it's only about 24" wide. There's also a Harbor Freight unit that is very similar for $13. Anyone had both?
Nope, but I thought about it until I read amazon reviews (look for subaru cargo organizer), and compared the price to what Bed Bath and Beyond sells for about 10 bucks! So I bought 2 BB&B organizers and couldn't be happier.

Stands on its own empty. Folds really neat. Holds about 1 grocery bag per compartment. Bought 2 to hold 4 bags. No complaints. Saved a bunch of money.
Honey-Can-Do® Folding Trunk Organizer - BedBathandBeyond.com

russellpat likes this.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 11:09 PM

Car: '15 OB owner to be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRothstein View Post
Eyeballing this guy from Subaru Online Parts Subaru Outback Cargo Organizer (Part No: SOA567T100)

Cheaper shipping here... Subaru SOA567T100 Cargo Management System Cargo Organizer | eBay

Or... http://www.walmart.com/ip/Highland-2...ingMethod=p13n
_OB likes this.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 PM

The subaru one is a nice thick material. The side pocket on the outside might be useful, I don't use it. The bottom is a heavy vinyl, so you can set it down on wet surfaces (or stuff that spills in it won't go through the botttom). On each of the compartments, there are fold down flaps that are a hard plastic, so this can carry a bit of weight... the plastic flaps fold up to let the entire thing fold "flat". There are even rubber/plastic feet on the bottom, so the vinyl bottom never touches hard ground.

The side handles are heavy duty enough - I have carried 50lbs in them without issue.

I use mine on a daily basis, for groceries, things I carry to work, ammo, gun range stuff, random trip stuff... the plastic feet - these things don't slip around at all. They're great.

I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

(side note: I have pretty much stopped reading amazon reviews, as I have found them either misleading or total bunk (YMMV) )

I use these rather than suitcases - I can just toss stuff into the organizers, fold the seats down, and have 3 or 6 of them.... I think you can find the same thing without the subaru logo for a bit cheaper.

Try one - you'll like it.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 AM

Car: '15 Limited 2.5, CWP: Eyesight, Arch Moldings, Tow Hitch, Option 23, PP #5
This one from Harbor freight looks pretty comparable to the Subaru organizer at a fraction of the price.
Trunk Organizer
I'll pick one up next time I have a 20% coupon.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 12:28 AM

Car: 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD ... 2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
I keep one of the Harbor Freight versions in the trunk of our 2015 Legacy. Compact when folded, and very convenient when opened; it works fine for groceries and other loose lightweight items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 04:48 AM

the subaru organizer shown in the links is actually made by thule and is the one to get if you want the best quality, sturdy.
we lucked out and got it from etrailer.com as a closeout 3 years ago. no longer seems to be available as a thule branded item.
I looked around at the time and there are a lot of cheaper organizers but they are obviously made cheaper, ours is 3 years old and shows no wear.
fyi in the cargo area with back seat up, it will take up abt 1/3 of the floor space.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Car: 2015 2.5i Premium Eyesight
Thanks for the info guys!
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: VDC Wagon 3.0 & Outback Limited Sedan 2.5
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flehunseos View Post
There are even rubber/plastic feet on the bottom, so the vinyl bottom never touches hard ground.
@administrator

bot reported 4 posts that copies text from a few posts ago. ....there is a image here too that is not showing. = financenot.com/3j.jpg

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:07 AM

Car: 2015 2.5i Limited
I own both the Subaru organizer and a 36" organizer made by Rola ( bought from etrailer.com ) The Subaru is only 24" wide, while the Rola goes all the way acroos the cargo area.. Both are heavy duty, non-skid bottoms , collaspable with adjustable dividers and handles. The Subaru sides are slightly higher The Rola is a little pricey $60 but its really well made and gives you more storage space

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: