Subaru Outback Forums banner

1.25" or 2" EcoHitch with the 1up bike rack?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  p1010 
#1 ·
I have the 1-up single rack and plan to purchase the Torklift EcoHitch. Can't decide between the 1.25" or 2" hitches. I don't intend to tow a trailer, just carry 1 or 2 bikes. Maybe 3 bikes. But I do want them to be extremely stable. Any recommendations/experience - 1.25" vs 2" EcoHitch with 1up? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I have 1 UP for 2 bikes with a 2" Torklift. Probably no functional difference between the 2 hitches. I think the 2" looks better on an Outback. 1 1/4 just looks too small on the larger Outbacks - Looked about right on the previous generation. You have purchased the most awesome bike rack ever made. I have not tried 3 bikes but unless they are fairly light bikes they may approach the 200# tongue limit - Lots of leverage with 3 bikes sticking that far out. 1 UP for 3 bikes is pretty heavy before bikes are put on. Just thinking out loud on the 3 bike thing - Maybe someone on here can do the math.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.