Car Seat Covers with Side Airbags? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i Premium - Ruby Red Pearl. My Valentines day present!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Car Seat Covers with Side Airbags?

Hi all,

Just got a 2011 Outback on Valentines Day from hubby. Don't laugh. I got a new heat pump for my birthday.

Even though I do not eat or drink in my car, I've managed to get blood and another fluid on my light gray cloth seats. Let's just say that I'm not a happy camper. The blood came out with peroxide, thanks to another forum board suggestion.

My issue is that I want to cover my seats somehow as protection against the unexpected, especially because hubby and I are into outdoor activities - - - hence the Outback. I'm just not sure about the side airbags. If I special order custom covers (and yes, I am willing to pay the price for the front seats) will they be able to make a cover that allows for the side airbags to still work?

Side airbags are a new one on me.
SkitzoidLady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

If your willing to pay - just go and hand pick your leather style and color and have leather seat covers put on. They are fairly cheap the whole car can have top level leather seats for about $1200. We went leather for this very reason in the OB. Kids, dogs - camping - hiking - boat hauling etc you get every sort of random thing ground into the seat. With leather you just wipe them down and your good to go.

We have cloth in the 2010 legacy and the only reason it works is that Grandma is the primary driver and passenger and when she hauls the grand kid she has the entire back seat covered in a sheet ha ha...
subiesailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car: '05 Outback 2.5i - 5-Spd Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitzoidLady View Post
My issue is that I want to cover my seats somehow as protection against the unexpected, especially because hubby and I are into outdoor activities - - - hence the Outback. I'm just not sure about the side airbags. If I special order custom covers (and yes, I am willing to pay the price for the front seats) will they be able to make a cover that allows for the side airbags to still work?

Side airbags are a new one on me.
Depends upon the seat cover manufacturer, but Wet Okole Seat covers are manufactured AND tested with side impact air bags (scroll down to the bottom of the page), and it appears they have covers for the new Outbacks as well..

'04 KYB's all around | SpecB LCA Bushings | Whiteline Rear Camber Bushings | LGT RSB | Hawk HPS Pads | Nokian WR G2 SUV's | '08 HU | Subaru Sub

Save The Manuals!
'05 Outback 2.5i is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

They make sheepskin inserts. They run down the center of the back and seat portion keaving the sides clear. Have had them on varying cars over the years. Some sizes will fit all.
Ropechoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Who makes the inserts, thought Okole used neoprene, many pardons if I am daft and missed something ... I too want seat covers, sheepskin preferably.. Hence my interest
Ddubr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropechoker View Post
They make sheepskin inserts. They run down the center of the back and seat portion keaving the sides clear. Have had them on varying cars over the years. Some sizes will fit all.

I have 2012 outback and would love the sheepskin inserts... do you have a link to where i can buy these?

Marko
MARKO65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: