Subaru Outback Forums banner

HID lights for 2016

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  safetypro79 
#1 ·
Ian considering HID lights for my new 16 Outback but the warranty issues is of course paramount to my decesion.... I know am answering my own question:|

Any aftermarket installation of parts would void the warranty on that associated area of the vehicle; i.e electrical/headlights ?

I know there are some very well made German HID's that would work but if there is a future problem then the warranty issues arrises

Any experience with installation or Dealer warranty troubles.

I suspect it's best to wait.......:surprise:

#3 ·
Car warranties don't really get voided. Specific claims get denied. There is a difference.

I'm curious about the "well-made German" lamps you found. There are German manufacturers producing HID capsules. But in my experience it's always a Chinese shop modifying them to have a mount base to fit in halogen projectors. I don't know if anyone is making HID capsules with halogen mount bases in one pass, since there is no legal application for them. Perhaps modder demand has grown that high?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.