Join Date: Jun 2010
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch Problem - Not Slv or Mast cylinder =-(
Hi Subaru Community!
Hope you guys can help me out, cause I need my Suby to get to work !!
2001 Subaru Outback 2.5L H4 ( Manual Trans )
After a 3 hour road trip, I got off the freeway and could not shift the car into gear. After forcing it into 1st gear, I drove it the rest of the way home.
Repair Attempts :
Master Cylinder Replacement ( After Market )
Slave Cylinder Replacement ( After Market )
Full system bleed, sending 4 resivours of fluid through the system.
Current Symptoms :
1) I can visually confirm the slave cylinder is pushing out.
2) The Clutch pedal first inch of travel offers no resistance.
3) When the clutch is depressed, the clutch plate squeeks ( I don't know if this is new, or I just never noticed it over the engine noise )
4) While off; put tranny in 1st gear and holding the clutch down. I start the engine the car acts like the clutch is partially engaged (slowly wanting to move forward )
5) While ideling and clutch depressed, I can not put it into gear.
Please Help Subaru gurus !!!
Can it be the clutch flex plate ??
I'm going to try adjusting the clutch pedal tonight and see what happens....