Subaru Outback Forums banner

2000 outback misses

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  plain OM 
#1 ·
Thanks in advance. I have a 2000 Subaru outback limited with 225,000 miles. I have replace the plugs, wires, ignition coil pack, O2 sensor at the cat. The car was running fine then I stopped to fill up the gas tank. shortly after leaving the gas station the check engine light started flashing and the car has a misfire. The codes I have got out of the computer are P0301,P0302, P0463, and P0107 the cyl 1 misfire may have been fixed after finding a bad plug wire. Please help I don't know where to go from here for the misfire problem.:crying:

#3 ·
codes kinda point to multiple issues.

one thing to check would be the cap/o-ring problem (http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/41182-symptoms-fuel-pump-o-ring-problem.html ) and while you have the pump assembly out - try to find a ways to clean/test the fuel sending gauge.

also, an odd collection of codes can also be caused by battery-charging problems. If the battery is old or the cables are corroded or there are other eletrical problems, get the alt and battery tested.

clear all the codes and see which ones come back.

#4 ·
2000 outback cylinder misfires

Ok I will try to detail may problem completely. I have a 2000 outback limited and just recently I was driving and stopped for gas. The car was running fine I filled the tank up from pretty low ( I know i'm not supposed to do this but I am economically challenged and have to run the gas low sometimes) I started back down the highway and after about a couple miles I noticed the check engine light flashing. I got off at the next exit and the car was running rough like cylinders were misfiring. I got the codes out P0301 and P0302 were the mis fire codes P0107 and P0463. The one code is for the MAP sensor and It was on prior to the acting goofy I was going to get a sensor at pay day. I have just replaced a cracked coil pack with a new one from AA secondary resistance checks good so I figured the pack is ok. I replaced the plugs maybe 500 miles ago, I just replaced the wires , fuel filter, and O2 sensor. Has anybody else had this happen and/or have a potential solution. I can only guess maybe some goop or water in gas or timing belt slip. Please advise and thank you in advance.

#5 ·
My thinking is that with the bad MAP sensor you've been lucky you haven't had that problem until now. One of the symptoms of a bad MAP is misfires. And, just because you haven't had a code until now doesn't mean you hadn't been having misfires.

I'd say that the MAP code points to a bad MAP. Change that first and see what changes. I wouldn't bother chasing anything else myself until that was done and see what the result is. Otherwise you end up chasing a symptom and not the cause.

#6 ·
Duplicate threads merged.

One thread per topic please.

#7 ·
Update

Ok I have replace all of the sensors and have whittled the error codes down to a misfire in cyl 1. I am hoping the plug just got fouled somehow so I am going to remove it when I get home from work. wish me luck and if anybody has any more Ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.