Subaru Outback Forums banner

Heat from vents when no A/C

997 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rsrocket1 
#1 ·
This should be a common problem, but I didn't find a similar problem when searching the existing threads.

For a while now, it seems like there's hot air coming from the vents, like something is overheating. I don't notice it when I'm running the A/C, but if I turn off cooling, it seems like an abnormal amount of heat is coming from the vents. But the temperature gauge on the dashboard is right in the middle where it should be.

#2 ·
search this for some hvac stuff. Subaru since about 1996 has gone away with typical hvac flows.
Many threads on this issues. I would think someday the engineers will go back to the original design of heat to feet only, heat to defrost only, then a blend. but they failed every year after about 1996

SOA TOTALLY fails at simple hvac 101/ keeps me from buying a new one in fact.
and to soa engineers, come to iowa to test your **** feet heater when we have -45 windchills.. They are not going to keep your feet warm. end of rant but guess what, my old 85 brat blows hot on my feet, and my old 94 sport sedans kept my feet warm, but not your new crap and the new stuff is worsse off /

at least soa gives you heat on the main upper vents even when you choose feet only:)
and then here comes where your cold feet are from since all the heat goes to top vents again engineers on SOA team FAIL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.