Problem with Air Bag Warning Sensitivity - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a 2012 Outback 8000 miles with an airbag warning light and seatbelt warning light for the passenger that recently came on. The car is in now for service, not quite sure what the resolution will be as far as replacement parts. The dealership did give me a new 2013 Outback until my car is repaired. The only thing I'm missing are my Blizak winter tires. I love my Blizak's ...
Chiefifd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium

I am now part of the airbag warning crowd. The light came on several times last week, without anybody sitting in the passenger seat (and the annoying gong was on, too for the whole time). Once it stayed on an entire day (with several times shutting the car off), sometimes it did not come on again after restarting the car.

Had it at the dealer today and they gave me an info from Subaru that this can happen if low quality USB ports are connected to the outlets. However, I had nothing connected, but the error codes are the ones that Subaru said would be because of the USB thingies! Dealer said he reset the code, and I drove home. Halfway between the shop and home the warning came on again!
Cypress Green/Ivory
Blue Ox Base Plate
Second Subie I own
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

Car: '15 FXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
I am now part of the airbag warning crowd. The light came on several times last week, without anybody sitting in the passenger seat (and the annoying gong was on, too for the whole time). Once it stayed on an entire day (with several times shutting the car off), sometimes it did not come on again after restarting the car.

Had it at the dealer today and they gave me an info from Subaru that this can happen if low quality USB ports are connected to the outlets. However, I had nothing connected, but the error codes are the ones that Subaru said would be because of the USB thingies! Dealer said he reset the code, and I drove home. Halfway between the shop and home the warning came on again!
That sounds like they were feeding you BS.

It's more than likely a loose connection or something. I'd be surprised to find out that the airbags are controlled by the radio or share circuits with your accessories.

Common sense, isn't common.
Novablue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Car: 2013 Outback LTD w Nav/Eye
Default Airbag Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post

It took me almost 3 weeks to get my car back. The dealer said that they were in constant contact with Subaru. They first tested all the connections
and there was no problem. Then the factory had them replace the harness. They had to wait to receive this as it is not a stock replacement. After this they had to order and replace the entire airbag module. This seemed to do the trick. I have had the car back for almost a month without any problems.

They did tell me that since my problem they have received three other '13 Outbacks with the same problem.
I do hope that Subaru will do something about this.

I love the car with the exception of the crappy navigation system. Total junk !
lrossnm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have a 2012 Outback 8000 miles with an airbag warning light and seatbelt warning light for the passenger that recently came on. The car is in now for service, not quite sure what the resolution will be as far as replacement parts. The dealership did give me a new 2013 Outback until my car is repaired. The only thing I'm missing are my Blizak winter tires. I love my Blizak's ...
After having my car in for the airbag warning light and seatbelt warning light issue, the Dealer said the same thing, something about USB chargers interfering with the airbag & seatbelt warning system. I do have a hardwired MX aftermarket radio installed, it was installed professionally. I'm curious to see if more 2012 or 13 Outbacks have the issue. The dealer did replace the passenger seat and seatbelt harness, still the lights came back on about a week later. The weather was cold, around zero when all this happened. Is it the cold weather and electrical connections? And just before I took the car in my dome light turned on slowly then went off 3 or 4 times. They replaced the dome light assembly, that seemed to fix that issue.
Chiefifd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: