Headlight aiming how-to? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Headlight aiming how-to?

My new to me 2006 OB 2.5i 5MT wagon was delivered last night. Nice car, pretty happy with it - got what I was looking for.

Since it was delivered at night, my first drive was in the dark. I can swear there is something odd with the aiming of the headlights. I poked around with a flashlight and found one bolt holding a washer (one side was geared). I think that may be left/right. Is there an up/down adjustment? I've never had fancy projector lights like this . I saw a difference in brightness from the DRLs and using the on/off switch on the column. Note to self - always turn on lights w/ switch at night.

This weekend, I'll get out my Meguiars Headlight restoration kit and ensure the lenses are nice and clean - then adjust them, if someone knows how

Oh, and if someone knows how to program the key fob to unlock all doors with one push of the button, that would be supercool to do as well. I re-did the fob on my Dodge Ram following a published sequence of button pushes and ignition twists. I'm trained after 6 years in the Ram to push one time.....

Borrowed quote: I don't ride bikes often, but when I do, I ride dos SS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM

Car: 2008 L.L. Beanie Gold Harvest
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ght+adjustment

Should be similar to yours aside from slightly different cosmetics. The other adjustment is probably covered but i am sure its there. It may be hard or impossible to see with everything in the car though. Others may post with a more exact location of this piece.

Mods: custom built carputer, modified heavy duty cargo basket, Rally Innovations Light Bar with Piaa 520's on bottom (soon to be hella 4000Xi on top), Limo tint, Lexus RX330 AS-F HIDs with cleared and blacked out housings, fumoto valve.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeramifrost View Post
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ght+adjustment

Should be similar to yours aside from slightly different cosmetics. The other adjustment is probably covered but i am sure its there. It may be hard or impossible to see with everything in the car though. Others may post with a more exact location of this piece.
nice, can't get any better than that. Thanks

Borrowed quote: I don't ride bikes often, but when I do, I ride dos SS.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2003 2.5 4EAT with AWP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner View Post
Oh, and if someone knows how to program the key fob to unlock all doors with one push of the button, that would be supercool to do as well. I re-did the fob on my Dodge Ram following a published sequence of button pushes and ignition twists. I'm trained after 6 years in the Ram to push one time.....
Nope, not doable without an aftermarket system.

2003 Outback wagon: "Kaylee". 144,000 and counting.
Basics: Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W30, PureOne oil filter, Fram air filter, Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc ATF, Mobil 1 75W90, Michelin Primacy MXV4.
Mods: 2004 Forester XT shift knob, Fumoto oil drain valve, Phillips VisionPlus low beams, Phillips HIR1 high beam upgrade, Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K fog lights.

Also: More rust than I care to think about.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM

Car: 2007 Outback Wagon 2.5 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner View Post
My new to me 2006 OB 2.5i 5MT wagon was delivered last night. Nice car, pretty happy with it - got what I was looking for.

Since it was delivered at night, my first drive was in the dark. I can swear there is something odd with the aiming of the headlights. I poked around with a flashlight and found one bolt holding a washer (one side was geared). I think that may be left/right. Is there an up/down adjustment? I've never had fancy projector lights like this . I saw a difference in brightness from the DRLs and using the on/off switch on the column. Note to self - always turn on lights w/ switch at night.

This weekend, I'll get out my Meguiars Headlight restoration kit and ensure the lenses are nice and clean - then adjust them, if someone knows how

Did turning that 8mm screw work for you?

I have a 2007 OB. I turned that screw at least three full turns and it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Not up, not down, just nothing. I read somewhere that the factory puts something there to prevent consumers from adjusting headlight aiming themselves.

Can anyone help me on this?

Best,

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: