Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Car: 2012 Outback LTD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chances are that the switch is just dirty and needs to have its contacts cleaned. I had to do several on various cars over the years. Basically you spray electronic contact cleaner into the openings of the switch and then cycle the switch back and forth to get rid of the dirt. You may have to do this two or three times to get results.
Be sure to have the ignition turned off, and then wait 5 minutes before you turn on the ignition and try the switch, so for the fluid to evaporate to prevent any short circuits.
If this doesn't do the job you may have to replace the entire switch assembly with one from a wrecker, from eBay, or go new.