Overheating On Highway - Page 8 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats one way to fix it. LOL by the way the 2003 2.5 saw some updates to address cooling system issues. Including better exhaust porting given the exhaust side of the 2001's was a source of heat build up in hot temps and hard running. So the 2003 should be considerably more durable and better regarding that aspect.

Keeping to healthy oil is very important regarding seal and gasket life in any car so to get as many leak free miles as possible sticking to clean regular oil changes goes a long way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^What SubieSailor said. That's pretty low mileage for a 9 yr old.

Time to break it in.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

I purchased the 2003 from my parents. They didn't put very many miles on it... in town driving. It did have HG issues already though. That and something to do with the crank bearings. Dealer replaced most of the engine plus did the HGs. 6K later, like brand new.

So the other night after I got home from work, just for gigles, I checked the coolant overflow and I noticed a bubble. Then about 5+ seconds later, another one. I didn't look at it long but is this normal?

I'm not having any issues with overheating or anything else for that matter.
post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Car: 01 Outback LL Bean
That would have me a little bit concerned....

When the car is warming up and the system is pressurizing, depending on the level of the coolant in the system you might have some air pushed out. After it has been running for a while though it should be stable and there should be nothing coming in or out....
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 PM

Car: 01 Outback LL Bean
Also, if there is an issue with your radiator cap or their is no coolant in the overflow, it is possible that the system sucks in air when it cools down and then slowly pushes it out.
post #76 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennda5id View Post
That would have me a little bit concerned....

When the car is warming up and the system is pressurizing, depending on the level of the coolant in the system you might have some air pushed out. After it has been running for a while though it should be stable and there should be nothing coming in or out....
I haven't checked it other than that 1 time but I'll give a look after a long drive, maybe tonight. The coolant level doesn't change and is at the normal level in the overflow. I have no other symptoms like I did with my 2001.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: