Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Western Michigan
Car: 2013 Legacy Limited - 2009 Legacy SE - 2005 Impreza RS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Campaign - A/C Filtration System Update
2005MY Subaru Legacy & Outback
Air Conditioning Air Filtration System Conversion Kit
Subaru of America, Inc, (SOA) has determined that affected vehicles listed below require the air conditioning air filtration system be updated with a conversion kit to simplify routine maintenance.
Affected vehicles are equipped with an optional air conditioning air filtration system. This system requires periodic maintenance which includes replacement of the air filter. Because of the current design, routine replacement of the air filter may be more difficult than intended. To simplify the maintenance procedure, Subaru has developed an updated air filtration conversion kit. Installation of the conversion kit will allow easy access to the filter through the glove box area. Installation of this conversion kit will not alter the performance of the filtration system.
This service program will involve installing an air filtration conversion kit on affected vehicles.
^ 2005 MY Subaru Legacy & Outback.
Please Note : there are only 213 vehicles affected nationally.
Potentially affected vehicles are identified in the VIN range chart. Not all vehicles within the VIN range are affected. Prior to performing repairs, confirm coverage for potentially affected vehicles by using the Vehicle Coverage Inquiry in the Dealer Communication System (DCS).
SOA will prepare and mail an Owner Notification Letter to owners of affected vehicles on or around April 18, 2005.
A copy of the Owner Notification Letter is included at the end of this bulletin.
DEALER PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITY
Dealers are to promptly service all vehicles subject to this service program at no charge to the vehicle owner regardless of mileage, age of the vehicle, or ownership.
For affected vehicles sold after the date on the dealer's computer list, dealers are to contact those owners and provide them with a copy of the owner notification letter. They should also arrange to make the required correction according to the instructions in the service procedure section of this bulletin.
Dealers are also to promptly perform the applicable service procedures defined in this bulletin to correct all affected vehicles in their inventory (new, used, demo). Additionally, whenever a vehicle subject to this service program is taken into dealer new or used inventory, or is in the dealership for service, necessary steps should be taken to ensure the service program correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
Air filtration conversion kits are available through normal parts supply. Dealers will not automatically be sent a quantity of kits.
Please install the Air Filtration Conversion Kit as indicated in the following instructions:
1) Installation Instructions
2) Filter Carrier (PN: 73553AG02B)
3) love Box Trim Panel (PN: 66208AG02B)
4) Air Filter Element Including Service Label and Caution Label (PN: G3210AG000)
1) Slotted Screwdriver
2) Phillips Screwdriver
Part One - Installation of Filter System Conversion Kit:
1) Remove the two (2) Phillips head center console screws.
2) Slide the center console back and lift.
3) Remove the gear shift cover and one (1) Phillips head screw.
4) Remove the side trim.
5) Remove the two (2) Phillips head screws.
6) Remove the console side panel.
7) Remove the glove box side cover.
8) Disconnect the retractable strap.
9) Remove the three push pins under the glove box to facilitate later reinstallation.
10) Remove the Pocket.
11) Remove three (3) Phillips head screws and one (1) plastic clip.
12) Disconnect the wire and lower glove box assembly.
13) Remove the two (2) clips from inside the glove box bin.
14) Remove the glove box light and install it to the new back panel (PN: 66208AG02B).
Remove two (2) plastic clips and the glove box bin from the back panel assembly. (Note : Only one (1) of the two (2) clips is used in the new back panel.)
15) Install the glove box bin to the new back panel. Reinstall the two (2) clips (previously removed during Step 13) to the glove box bin.
Part Two - Filter Replacement and Carrier Conversion
1) Push all four tabs together and pull out the carrier with a slight twist.
2) Insert the NEW filter (PN: G3210AG000) into the NEW filter carrier (PN: 73553AG02B).
3) Push the carrier and the filter into the housing with a slight twist until its fully seated.
CAUTION :Carrier tabs may be susceptible to breakage (from over bending) when coming into contact with other parts of the vehicle.
Part Three - Reinstallation of the Glove Box Assembly
1) Follow steps 1 to 14, in Part 1, in reverse order.
Part Four - Label Installation
1) Fill in the maintenance label with the replacement date and mileage.
2) Install it on the right hand side of the glove box as shown.
Note :The label is shown here:
- The filter must be replaced every 7,500 miles or 1 year, whichever occurs first.
- The filter may need to be replaced more frequency in dusty areas.
SERVICE PROGRAM IDENTIFICATION LABEL
Type or print the necessary information on a Service Program identification label.The completed label should be attached to the vehicle's upper radiator support.
Additional labels are available through the Customer Dealer Services Department.
CLAIM REIMBURSEMENT AND ENTRY PROCEDURES
Credit to perform this Service Program will be based on the submission of properly completed repair order information. Dealers may enter the applicable claim information through their Dealer Communications System.
Air Filtration System Conversion Kit - Use the applicable claim submission information for installation of the Air Filtration System Conversion Kit and enter labor operation A106-561, for 0.4 labor hours.
Let it Snow Let it Snow...