WTB: 2nd Gen Door Courtesy/Puddle lights - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Car: Little Red, 2000 Outback H4 "Limited"
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
WTB: 2nd Gen Door Courtesy/Puddle lights

I'm looking for the light fixture, wiring from the fixture to the harness and lenses. I want them for a 2000 OBW, but I'm pretty sure the 2000-2004 Limited versions will fit.

Thanks,
David

Set the Wayback machine to the year 2000 Sherman... when Little Red was problem free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 10:43 PM

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
None in the local yards on door panels, eh?

Limited, Bean or VDC, sedans; all the same.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Car: 2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Me too even rarer here in OZ.

Don't follow me i may be looking for a cache!
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Car: I has car.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Might as well get a lighted ignition ring too, you know :-)

www.lockmedic.com
ben@lockmedic.com

I seem to get a lot of "will xx fit in my car?" emails. . . I'm not the authority on everything Subaru, so I very well may tell you the wrong answer as there's nobody else to check me. Please search or ask via the forums first. . .when I answer you via email, it never gets posted and nobody else can confirm or refute my answer.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Might as well get a lighted ignition ring too, you know :-)
Ya got one? I'd like heated mirrors and the wiring harnesses as well. I am converting the Base model that I inherited into a Limited model. Except for the sun roof, I think I'll skip that. I also have the aluminum wheels already. So far I've swapped in heated leather side air bag seats, auto dimming compass mirror, P121 Head unit, floor and cargo mats, transmission (needed one), rear cup holder (needed one), rear hatch panels (needed them), bumper cladding with corner pads (needed them), not to mention all the engine, suspension, brake, and other mechanical work. I crossed the line where I could have bought a better used one a long time ago. Hey, everybody needs a hobby, right?

Set the Wayback machine to the year 2000 Sherman... when Little Red was problem free.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
None in the local yards on door panels, eh?
Very limited selection here in MD. Local yards are mostly domestic, Toyota, and Honda. The few I have found are Base models or picked clean.

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Car: I has car.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPeab View Post
I crossed the line where I could have bought a better used one a long time ago. Hey, everybody needs a hobby, right?
Between me, you and 'doc, you're not just preaching to the choir, we've started our own church! I've done exactly what you're doing, but buying the rolled 'beaner got a ton of things done in one go (puddle lights, heated mirrors, heated windshield, auto HVAC, lighted ignition, etc.). Would have used the airbag seats but my 00 has black interior and the 'beaner was tan, no way I was changing. So I sold the seats and airbag controller/supporting electronics.

I thought I had one stashed. . I'm gonna go see the big guy locally this Sunday, he's promised to let me pillage all his cool and rare interior bits as he never sells stuff like that (he takes all the driveline bits I get which I rarely need, so symbiotic relationship). Pretty sure he's got one. I'll see about scoring some door cords for your heated mirrors. . . those are pretty much a "gotta pull it yourself" bit. Upside is they support the puddle lights too, so two birds/one stone. I don't know if your dash harness will have wires to support the puddle lights but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, or even if it's necessary given they may be switched locally by the latch. Not a big deal to pull an extra wire once you get inside the car anyway.

If you strike out on the mirrors, new ones on ebay in black are under $100/pair. I haven't used them so I can't vouch but if I needed a pair I'd check there.

I just bought this, got everything you need, alas I'm not parting it (too easy to fix):

02 OB Limited 5 speed(!) in regatta red, 115k, zero rust.

www.lockmedic.com
ben@lockmedic.com

I seem to get a lot of "will xx fit in my car?" emails. . . I'm not the authority on everything Subaru, so I very well may tell you the wrong answer as there's nobody else to check me. Please search or ask via the forums first. . .when I answer you via email, it never gets posted and nobody else can confirm or refute my answer.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 AM

Car: 2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
I'll have a set of black heated mirrors for sale as soon as I swap them out for the body color ones on my Outback. $80 for both, plus shipping?

'03 Outback 2.5L 4cyl w/all-weather 4EAT
'06 Forester 2.5L 4cyl X Premium 4EAT
'05 Impreza 2.5L 4cyl RS Sport 5MT (current daily driver)
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:32 AM

Car: 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmedic View Post
Between me, you and 'doc, you're not just preaching to the choir, we've started our own church! I've done exactly what you're doing, but buying the rolled 'beaner got a ton of things done in one go (puddle lights, heated mirrors, heated windshield, auto HVAC, lighted ignition, etc.). Would have used the airbag seats but my 00 has black interior and the 'beaner was tan, no way I was changing. So I sold the seats and airbag controller/supporting electronics.

I thought I had one stashed. . I'm gonna go see the big guy locally this Sunday, he's promised to let me pillage all his cool and rare interior bits as he never sells stuff like that (he takes all the driveline bits I get which I rarely need, so symbiotic relationship). Pretty sure he's got one. I'll see about scoring some door cords for your heated mirrors. . . those are pretty much a "gotta pull it yourself" bit. Upside is they support the puddle lights too, so two birds/one stone. I don't know if your dash harness will have wires to support the puddle lights but I wouldn't be surprised if it did, or even if it's necessary given they may be switched locally by the latch. Not a big deal to pull an extra wire once you get inside the car anyway.

If you strike out on the mirrors, new ones on ebay in black are under $100/pair. I haven't used them so I can't vouch but if I needed a pair I'd check there.

I just bought this, got everything you need, alas I'm not parting it (too easy to fix):

02 OB Limited 5 speed(!) in regatta red, 115k, zero rust.

That's a pretty rare bird, there! Almost every limited I see is an automatic.

I take it whatever took out the front bumper took the tire and/or wheel with it?

RIP Outback: 2008 3.0R LL Bean "Senior Citizen Gold" 99,150 miles

Current Vehicle:
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport 4x4
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Performance Suby - Sounds like a plan. I'm at 21122 to give you an idea of the shipping cost. Any idea how long it will take. Obviously want to get them soon enough for the frosty weather here in MD. I still need the wiring harness that Lockmedic may be able to get me. I'll buy the door switch off of eBay now.

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: