FS: 06 WRX wagon WR Blue Western Massachusetts - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 06 wrx wagon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default FS: 06 WRX wagon WR Blue Western Massachusetts

Time to upgrade to something a bit bigger.
So here's my 2006 WRB WRX Wagon.
Location Pittsfield MA

Askling Price $10k

I bought it 3.5ish years ago w/ 93k miles on it. I still have 6-8 payments on the 4 year note so the bank has the title. (It's a credit union in NY where I used to live, so we might have to deal with mail time)
Currently 151500 miles but I drive it daily for work so it'll keep climbing.
KBB says trade in value is between $9700 and $11500
NADA says the trade in value is between $8k and $9k
This car is solid, no hidden bullshit, I've had it for a while and maintained it like I was keeping it for 4 more years, I just want to get into something different.

Engine/Engine Bay Stuff
Engine is stock, turbo is stock, downpipe is stock, clutch is stock (and my be original) it still grabs fine and doesn't act up.
At 111k miles when the timing belt got changed I had them compression test it (it was fine) and put new stock spark plugs in it. Waterpump, AC and the other drive belt were done at the same time.
Since then I replaced the AC belt and it's idler pulley (july 2013)

Cobb AP Stage 1 for about 1.5 years (20-25k miles) I used the 91 octane map and I always put 93 octane in it. Mostly because I'm a cautious paranoid fellow.
Snorkus delete elbow - IDK what the brand was?
Radiator shroud - all black. It was the killer B prototype IIRC.
Cobb Heat shield w/ some heat wrap stuff on the inside of it.

Brakes - at 111k miles Both front calipers replaced w/ new.
front rotors DBA slotted (straight slots) and Hawk HPS pads
rear rotors DBA slotted (the new style) and Hawk HPS pads
Parking brake shoes and hardware replaced as well.
Motul brake fluid - complete system flush

Wheels that I have - what's on the car comes w/ the car, others can be negotiated.
Currently on the stock wrx wheels w/ dunlop snow tires that won't be good for winter so I'm leaving them on the car until they're done.
The wheels are round but show their age. some curbing on all 4 I think, other scratches and just being generally dirty despite being washed (I haven't scrubbed them well this year yet)
I have 17" ASA's "mesh" style w/ some BFG summer tires. The wheels are in pretty good shape, some residue I couldn't get off and maybe some oxidation along the lip. One has a gouge on the outer edge but holds air and it straight. The tires are in decent shape, the toe was off a while so wear is uneven on two of them I think.
They look like this (not my pic)

this one is mine

I also have a set of 15" sport editions that fit the 4 pots with hankook snow tires w/ a ton of tread left. (I got them used this spring/summer so I haven't even put them on the car yet)
they look like this (not my pic)

I need to get pictures of the other 2 sets of wheels.

Stereo
Pioneer DVD headunit AVH-P3400BH
I still have the stock headunit that was working fine when I pulled it.
I installed a rear view camera since the deck had the option to use one. It's safety wired between the license plate lights. I meant to hard mount it, but it works as it is so I left it alone. I can swap the stock on back in, and I may end up doing that if I'm moving toward trading the car in)

Speakers installed using IAP spacer kit.
front speakers replaced with 6.5" JBL's stock tweeter still in place as well
rear speakers replace with 5.25" Polk Audios, their tweeters stuck out a bit too far even w/ spacers for the door panel so there's a hole in the speaker grill on the door panel. I'm going to see if I can use the speaker's grill to finish the hole a little more pretty like.

I don't have the stock speakers anymore (they donated their harness connection so I could plug into the stock door harness)

Subwoofer
12" JL 12w3 (1st version IIRC) dual 6 ohm voice coil wire in parallel to present a 3 ohm load. Hatchback style box behind the driver's side seat.
MB Quart Amp MB Quart MB Quart OA500.1 (recent purchase as my 10+ year old amp died) it has the remote bass knob that I have not installed.
There's also a 0.5 Farad Cap and a small distribution block there.
4 gauge power wire setup
This can also be removed - and will be if I'm going to trade it in.

Other modifications/additions - stuff not on the car can be included (negotiable)
Theretrofitsource Retro-Qwik HID setup 4300k 35watt bixenon projectors
Aluminum skid plate in the front (subi-speed maybe?) It's maybe 1/4" thick and it's got an SSP cutout I think along w/ a bunch of holes as it fit a bunch of different models. (I'll probably pull this off to sell seperately or keep to maybe mod for the new car.
I have a rear diff protector (subaru steel one) with a hardware kit that I put together but never installed.
Hella Supertones - started life red, I painted the cages black, I'm sure it's starting to chip off by now.
Rally Armor mud flaps Black w/ grey lettering
LED backup lights added to lower license plate mounting location - they help a little bit when backing up in the dark.

Interior
Driver's seat is showing lower bolster wear that's pretty common. Otherwise seats are in good shape, I'm usually alone when going anywhere.
Cobb double adjustable short shift lever w/ bushing.
I should have a stock shifter soon so I'll probably pull this and sell it seperately.
Turn in Concepts - super shift kit w/ everything you could install (in the box, I didn't install it) as well as their trans crossmember bushing in the box.
Prodrive shift knob - this will probably stay w/ me, I have a stock shift knob to put there.
A-pillar Autometer boost gauge
Husky floor liners (not just floor mats)
Subaru rubber cargo area mat
I added an LED strip in the trim over the rear cargo area and wired it to the cargo light to improve lighting in there.
I added a 12volt outlet on the right side trim panel below the glovebox.

Exterior - It's a 9 year old car w/ 150k miles. It's got door dings and pain chips. I've touched up a bunch of them but I seem to find more anytime I'm looking. Overall it is in pretty good shape for a car that as far as I can tell lived it's life in the north east.

BAD - passenger front door has a spot of rust since I got the car, it's gotten a bit bigger. I have some POR 15, filler and some grimmspeed WRB spray paint so it may or may not be dealt with depending on my free time level.
Driver's side rear quarter has a small speck of rust peaking through, though the rest of the panel is still smooth, no bubbles.

The previous owner painted WRX on the hood. If the rust repair goes well, the remaining spray paint might be used for that.

I had planned to go through the car in April (tax $) and get the car as close to new as I could, (suspension upgrades, bushing replacements etc) in preparation to keep it for many more years. Then I started looking at outback XT's on a whim and found a couple that are calling to me. I miss my old outbacks bigger interior, leather seats and sunroof, My "getting old knees" miss the higher seat height. I would have no problem driving this car anywhere without fear of reliability issues. In fact I will drive this car to black river stages in September if I still have it.

If you made it this far you probably have some questions about something I forgot to include.
If you think my price is too high, send me a message or post.
Serious buyers can have a test drive.

If I do move toward trading the car I'd be interested in swapping stuff like the snorkus delete elbow and the headlights for their stock equivalents.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have some pictures that I took w/ a potato phone camera in a rain storm (true story)

passenger door rust spot

driver's rear 1/4 rust spot

overall driver's rear 1/4 panel

passenger rear 1/4 panel

Old 08-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

rear view camera

added backup light (there are 2) you can also see the stock exhaust w/ the tip missing, I still have it the bracket rusted and broke off, could be welded back on by a muffler shop in 5 minutes or less.

paint scuff front bumper

hood decor courtesy of previous owner
Old 08-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Screenshot of the service history feature from my.subaru.com

bad shot of the headunit and rearview camera view of grass

Apillar boost gauge

stock wheels

rear wiper motor was replaced in Sep 2012
while I waited for it to come in

there IS a rear wiper motor on there now and it works gloriously.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

to the top
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

ttttt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: