Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: Diode Dynamics turn signal LED's for 2005~2016 Outback WY21W

5K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  ZDriveH6 
#1 ·
This might be your cheapest chance to upgrade your Outback's turn signals to LED. I have for sale, 2 sets of LED turn signal lights, $120 value. This covers the front and back, not including the load resistors or flasher relay, that is necessary for proper installation.
This is a direct replacement to the WY21W bulb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJneWtv0ncQ

If you get these for your 2016~2016 Outback, you'll need the resistor kit @$10 per pair X2:
LED Resistor Kit - LED Resistors - Accessories - All Products
You can't replace the flasher unit, because there isn't one.
Older Outbacks might just need an updated flasher relay, saving you $10:
LED Turn Signal Flasher for 2005-2007 Subaru Outback Sedan - Outback - Subaru - Products By Vehicle
Depending on your year, you will need one of these methods to keep the hyper flash bug away.

There's nothing wrong with these bulbs. I recently had some mad money and decided to get the higher priced units. In comparison, there really isn't much of a difference, LOL!

The price: Hold on to your bloomers! All I want is $80! + Free Shipping!!!
That's a savings of $40! These bulbs are an awesome upgrade to the incandescent bulbs, and really bring the LED theme of the tail lights together.
You can mail a check, or use PayPal. Pay Pal will get it shipped faster, because if you send a check, it will have to clear the bank before I can ship. Money orders are cool as well, but will also need to clear the bank as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Sad bump... Come on you 2016 owners. Subaru gave you so much for buying your Outbacks, now pay it forward to us poor 2015 owners who didn't get anything for purchasing our cars... They really are cool looking!

#6 · (Edited)
Reduced price!!!

I'm feeling the Christmas spirit! For the next 2 weeks, I'm lowering the price to $60! What? You must be crazy!!! Just call me Crazy hillbilly!
Plus, free shipping still stands! :crazyp:

Well, Merry Christmas and the sale is off. Someone really missed out on an awesome deal...

#8 ·
Sorry if I didn't mention it in the OP, the difference in the blinking is because one is the LED and the other the old incandescent. The right on the front is the incandescent, and the left on the rear is also incandescent. I did this to show how much faster the LED's come on and go off compaired to the incandescent lights.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions, thanks!
P.S. Here's a better video of the blinkers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhx-IkNS2ds

#20 ·
Well, it was $60 shipped during Christmas. It's back to $80. All in, I paid $130 for them, and they where only used about a month. There's nothing wrong with them at all. I just thought I'd pass them along and give someone the opportunity to get a complete set for allot less than if they got them new. You can get cheaper lights, but they're not put together as well, and the LED's are sub standard. These are from Diode Dynamics, a sponsoring Co for Subaruoutback.org.
Diode Dynamics

What I'm asking isn't outrageous. I think it's just that the right person hasn't seen them yet. I'm not desperate for money, just wanted to give someone the opportunity to get into a set of high quality LED signal lights for less. I'm going to give it a few more weeks then I'll just put them on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.