Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited, 5-Speed, Black/Black, 1 owner, 80k miles! (Charle

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Gen3 XT 
#1 · (Edited)
FS: (SC) 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited, 5-Speed, Black/Black, 1 owner, 81k miles!

Year, Make and Model: 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited
Color: BLACK/BLACK
Miles: 81,000
Transmission: 5-SPEED MANUAL
Title: CLEAN
Lien: NONE
VIN: 4S4BP63C486313991
Seller's email address: shafi.keisler@gmail.com
Seller's phone number: 843-609-6493
Asking Price: $14,900

After searching for more than a year for a nice example, I found this 2008 Outback XT Limited with the Original Owner. He retired and moved to southern Florida. I had the car inspected, bought it and drove it home.

The car is such an excellent example inside and out. The only downside is that it is from Wisconsin so it has the usual surface rust on the exhaust, fasteners and such. A day with a powered wire brush, acetone and zinc rich paint would make the mechanical bits look great. I've had a LOT of cars, including rare muscle cars that were just totally beat so I understand the difference between light and severe. And there is no body skin rust whatsoever.

If I were to keep the car, I would put a nice performance exhaust from mid-pipe back, like the Nameless Performance 5inch muffler axle backs plus mid pipe.

Here are the service items recently performed:
New Brake Rotors and Pads, Front and Rear
New CV Axle Boot, RF
New LF & RR Wheel Unit Bearing Assembly
Transmission Oil Replacement
Differential Oil Replacment
New PIRELLI CINTURATO P7 A/S tires (4) at 77,859 miles

Here is what the XT needs:
LR strut - original has a leak

Interior is just beautiful, with all brightwork and wood trim in excellent shape. The variable temperature seat heaters work great. Radio, sunroof and all electronics and electromechanical items (windows, wipers, etc) work great.

Paint is excellent with usual very small scratches. Clear coat shines bright, and front end doesn't have road rash.

Wheels show some signs of clear coat corrosion.

Car drives straight, tracks straight during acceleration and braking. Quiet and smooth. Engine performance is great, especially in S# mode. 5-Speed Manual Transmission synchros all in excellent shape - no grinding or difficulty to shift into gear. Clutch is smooth and releases without chatter forward and reverse.

I have recent Autocheck Report and the score is excellent at 91 which is way above the top end of range.

I am selling because I am buying a house. Car is driven daily by my wife.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice car. I just bought the LL Bean 3.0R version of that year in VA and all it needed was rear pads to pass inspection. Mine's the traditional black and tan though. I think your asking price is about right. Hopefully, you priced it like that to provide some wiggle room for the buyer.

#7 ·
BUMP for start of week! Some Crosstrek XV wheels would look great. I've located a few sets. Not too difficult to find or too expensive. Duplicolor makes a metallic blue tint called Metalcast. I think a hint of the blue over the black centers will tie into the blue flake in the Obsidian Black metallic paint. Thoughts? Anyone seen a Gen 3 with the XV wheels? I checked the hub diameter, lug bolt and offset ... it should work.

#11 ·
Yes I love it too. Check out these wheels I am looking at. The green Subi is running the REDS Dark Blade distributed by Momo USA. I like the look of both of these wheels. But some don't. The BBS RC type is a more popular style but I thought these wheels loom more in line with new designs coming to market.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.