Subaru Outback Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2003 LL bean parts available

3K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  CNY_Dave 
#1 ·
2003 LL bean parts available

2003, llbean H6, yadda yadda, all the interior bits are in good shape.
Interior rear view mirror may be spoken for.

It's gotta go soon!

central NY. Can ship anything, of course, but pickup cheaper, I can meet part way for a big ticket item.

Pics at

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47789126@N04/

#2 ·
#4 ·
if you got the plates on it, ....and they pay you for the time, = you could deliver it to them and pull the plates / registration sticker off when you get there. (maybe 50% paypal / google wallet up front, and 50% when you get it there).

3 hours / 3 hours is not a bad round trip drive for a saturday,...and you then don't have to bother with any more time spent on picking/ shipping/ haggling.

unless you the seller like haggling,...

#6 ·
any mods? any extra parts hanging around ?

what kind of rear sway bar do you got there? ..rust on that?

#7 ·
Stock, very rusty, happens to be already removed (if I haven't taken it to the scrappers a while ago).

No mods except the wiper stalk mod so you can hit 'spritz' without the wipers starting up (gotta do that to the forester!! same stalk on an '05 forester?)

All parts up for grabs, anyone want exhaust? Converters?

Exhaust is pretty rough...

#9 ·
Blown headgasket, trans with over 250,000 miles on it, but car is now gone.

I have the wing, the inside rearview mirror if current interested party doesn't want it, and maybe the customized wiper stalk that lets you run the washer without starting the wipers.

#12 ·
AL = Aluminum

primitive or a DIY ? pic of skid plate please.

thickness / stock number ?

#13 ·
I found a pic of the same one minus the extra oil-filter hole.

It's an SSI. Pretty thick.

The hole I have isn't large, abt 1.25 inches in diameter, hole is placed so you can put a small funnel in the hole from the side, loosen the filter, drain it thru the hole, then pull the filter from the cutout next to the header.

#18 ·
not to crap on Dave's sale, ....if he still has that part.

best money to spend, vs. playing around with a chunk of electronic stuff that is 13 years old ...one that it if is not 100% working will leave you stranded / angry:

get a modern alarm with a automatic starter installed. check with your insurance company about getting a discount on your policy for having such a alarm. (some may want them to be automatic arming, which you can get,....and then turn off the automatic function if it annoys you).

a auto-starter is nice, if you use it conservatively as to not avoid wasting gas. (zero mpg for parked idling)......

they are really nice if you know you got frost on the inside of the windows form wet boots, or a open water bottle,.... and the thing could be running 10 minutes with the heat / drying Air conditioner on full bast. and you are still inside drinking hot beverages. (typical plastic ice scrapers are not shaped to do the inside of the glass).

#30 ·
If you still have the car I have a 2003H6 Outback wagon.
A few years ago an inline part connecting the left and right for the windshield washer sprayers (WWS) started spraying under the hood and I rigged the hose to get me through the winter. The passenger side WWS doesn't get any fluid and the cause has something to do with this junction. I had to splice part of the hose at one of these junctions and I don't remember which part I needed, I think it was a T-coupler possibly. Could you please take a look under the hood and see what be missing and I'd love to arrange to have this part shipped.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.