FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 09 OBW base => 07 OBXT LTD 5sp
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja

I have quite the collection of springs, shocks, etc as I flailed around trying to get things to my liking on my OBXT; some I never used, just measured and analyzed. I no longer need:

Full set (4) OBXT / KYB struts/shocks/springs: this is the popular front KYB 05+, rear 04- combo. Plug n’ play. Save on labor, no spring compressor needed. <20K mi on KYB’s, <75K on stock OBXT (5-sp) springs / tophats. $250. I'm open to breaking these up now: front struts (no springs or other pieces), rear shocks with springs (would still like to sell as "plug 'n play"....slight cosmetic damage to one shock). Front tophats available separately....I have only one upper spring perch...I will still sell all front pieces that I have together or separate, but am missing that one spring perch. Offers?

FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja-dscf3096.jpg
Full set (4) Legacy wagon OEM (KYB) struts/shocks/springs. Almost brand new. There is some tar on them in spots (don’t ask me why, they arrived that way from previous owner….who claimed less than 1K miles…and looking at them, that claim is probably true) Pretty cherry (except for the tar)…no functional concern). Rears fully assembled with original springs, tophats etc. I never used. Fronts were taken apart and the tophats and upper mounts used briefly by me (still less than 2K total use). I will reassemble to complete “plug n’ play, though that is not shown in pics. Save on labor, no spring compressor needed. $250. SOLD
FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja-dscf3102.jpg

Set of 4 Spec B springs. I think 07. Great shape, appear to be very low mileage. I never mounted. $75
FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja-dscf3094.jpg

Set of 4 yellow JDM Zoom brand lowering springs: for 00-03 Legacy or whatever (?). Fronts use stock 00-03 upper perches; reasonable condition, some paint peeling but metal seems solid. $40 Selling cheap because I don’t really know what car they are for, but best guess is to lower 00-03 JDM Legacy. I briefly mounted these on my 07 Outback with the rear JDM tophats below and some Outback-length Bilsteins and it lowered things a good 2”. Fronts with stock USDM tophats and 00-03 upper perches lowered nearly the same. These could be made to work with 04-08 Legacy or 05-09 Outback with the upper mounts that I have.
FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja-dscf3093.jpg

Cool JDM rear tophats. I’m pretty sure these are perfect for BTS-5056 Bilstein kit and same as JapanParts.com’s 107-084-001, or 20370AG010. JapanParts sells them for ~ $33 ea (plus another $18 for the rubber cushion), plus shipping. They fit Outback, but are for progressive or tapered -type springs). These mate with springs that have approx ” more-narrow diameter at the top than std Outback springs. If you want to get a better visual, JapanParts site for pic, but I would trust Tribeca rear shock diagrams on opposedforces.com, more than others I’ve seen, which are more like USDM arrangement. Great condition, not much can go wrong. I may lower my price if I can convince myself I will never get BTS springs (which I am trying to get AWS). includes the rubber cushion. $100 pair MAYBE lower in a week or so if I figure out I WON'T ever get BTS springs...in other words I'm not all that anxious to sell.
FS (TX: multiple springs / struts for Legacy & Outback & maybe Baja-dscf3100.jpg Looks like I'm getting some JDM springs, and will need these...so no longer for sale (at the moment)

All prices include shipping to lower 48. Paypal preferred.
I may add some more stuff. I also have a pair of front Bilsteins for 00-04 Outback or a Baja in a separate thread…which I may merge into this thread. May also fit Forester. They also fit 05-09 OB XT but raise the ride height ~1/2 inch.
Impatient is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Outback XT Ltd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dlo13 Send a message via Skype™ to dlo13

Very interested in the Legacy Wagon stuff.
Question - What other parts would i need to fit them on my outback xt (currently stock OBXT suspension).

dlo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Legacy suspension on OB

I never mounted these, so can't comment from personal experience. These will bolt right up, nothing else required, if you want it that low. Add "tophat" spacers if you want it a bit higher than Legacy (but still lower than the OB).

Caveat: raising & lowering changes camber settings, so you will have to adjust that back...again, can't comment from personal experience....the change might be great enough that you would want rear camber bolts. Gut feel you could adjust the front as much as you need, but rear camber is supposedly non-adjustable without the extra bolts.

There are body spacers on OB's so the geometry won't be 100% like a Legacy unless you remove those spacers....which might alleviate the need for the camber bolts.

There are threads on this stuff, here (subaruoutback) and on LegacyGT.com. Be prepared to hear too many opinions, some of which are bogus. I think some guy named Underdog did it successfully with minimum fuss.

*****I forgot, you will need smaller bumpstops in the rear: either cut yours down, or buy Legacy ones.*****

The other option is to mix these struts with your springs (or your struts with these springs), but I'm not currently interested in disassembling or selling portions.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2008 subaru outback 2.5i

ohh i might be interested.. good to know another DFW member here
Dajeepman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: 02 OBW

What year/gen is the Legacy strut/springs for? "BP" I assume?
nickb21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Nick

yes BP, supposedly came off 07 wagon (5-sp manual).

front struts are p/n 20310AG00A & -01A and rears are 20365AG10A
which appears to correspond to wagon, 05-09, just about all flavors, except Bilstein models

Springs seem to be what you would expect; shorter and softer than OBXT. But my opinion is ALL 04-08 Legacy springs are softer than 05-09OB.;

FYI, in another thread, I have some Bilsteins based on JDM Lancaster of your vintage...but it sort of sounds like you are trying to lower. These Bilsteins would not be for lower.....unless you want ot use with Legacy lowering springs. I have tophats & upper perches for your 02.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car: 2002 OBW 2.5L 5MT
Send a message via Yahoo to snooozie

Hi,

Do you have any Baja 05+ springs. I am interested if you have them or any KYB strut combo with Baja springs for my 2 gen obw.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default snoozie

No Baja springs, but think about my Bilstein front struts (see different thread) if you are trying to lift your ride. The Bilsteins might not by themselves, but they would definitely lift an 05+, and accomodate a lifted 00-04 OB.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car: 2005 OBXT Stg 2

From all these combinations what setup did you finally find you liked best?
Benjineer06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

See my recent posts in the Suspension FAQ. Current = best so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: