2006 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited (STi edition) - Page 4 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCorn View Post
New ad has the same name.......

and the 28mpg picture......
It IS a 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited. What's wrong with stating that fact?

And I took that mpg pic while driving. I did not alter/photo shop it. I am not saying I receive that mpg 24/7; it is just what my personal best is. At the time I only had the Invidia q300 catback on...
Wolf TECH inovation is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

NADA Value:
2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon Wagon 5D Outback XT Limited AWD Prices, Values & Legacy Wagon Wagon 5D Outback XT Limited AWD Price Specs | NADAguides

KBB Value:
Kelley Blue Book

I think I am being 100% fair with my asking price.
Wolf TECH inovation is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Car: 05 OBXT 5eat stg1.2

If you knew what you claimed, you wouldn't be driving that car like that. I haven't put my car on a dyno, but with no aftermarket parts, I gained 35whp/wtq. That's from using the air boy excel sheet. I road tuned it myself. It is also very conservative.

You obviously don't know what happens when you get a different downpipe without a tune. You should look that up. Its not pretty.
Seabass is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf TECH inovation View Post

I think I am being 100% fair with my asking price.
I'm not sure what's fair about lying about mpg and attempting to sell a car in a dangerous mechanical state. A few more wot pulls and your gonna need a rebuild.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #35 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car: 2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Who knew you could get such comedy from a classified ad?

Quote:
FYI look at PDX tuning, Jeff is at over 400awhp without a tune in his R and it is not sleeved, he also has a guy who works for him that sleeved an R that is at 800awhp and a dogbox! Please: Read, Learn, then you can speak from an educated standpoint.
This is bull. There is no way to get 400 WHP out of an R without retuning. What did he do, dummy the dyno numbers? Or do you make this up as you go along? I would like to see the data sheets on both of these cars, really. If you could post them up, that would be nice. Ooh, and throw in a copy of the ROM while you're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
You also do not know much about Subaru's if you are running an aftermarket downpipe without a tune. Was there also an aftermarket intake? Your pistons will be toast in a few thousand more miles.
Quote:
Stock intake. The dp has been on for less than 1k miles, I was supposed to tune in just a couple weeks.

And I know plenty about the FHI brand, I put down 262 awhp on a 2.0L with just a TD04 at 17 psi (all swapped into a 1995 GF8)... what's your stage "1.5" do with your 2.5L?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
If you knew what you claimed, you wouldn't be driving that car like that. I haven't put my car on a dyno, but with no aftermarket parts, I gained 35whp/wtq. That's from using the air boy excel sheet. I road tuned it myself. It is also very conservative.

You obviously don't know what happens when you get a different downpipe without a tune. You should look that up. Its not pretty.
This wreaks of an XT owner that does not perform any repair or modification work himself, but has paid someone else to do it for him. Or rather, didn't do it because the car is running in the danger zone.

If PDX does tuning, why are they advertising for the Cobb crap? Don't they know the ROM is rewritable and you don't need the overpriced McMap?

And this is a friendly forum. We just don't like to see BS flying. And when its this obvious, it can be fun too.

cardoc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

And 262 is nothing to brag about...
Old 09-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #37 (permalink)

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited

Quote:
It IS a 2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited. What's wrong with stating that fact?

And I took that mpg pic while driving. I did not alter/photo shop it. I am not saying I receive that mpg 24/7; it is just what my personal best is. At the time I only had the Invidia q300 catback on...
And if everyone selling a car took as much liberty in controlling conditions and selecting the data to present, you'd see Ford claiming 80MPG for the new F-150 or 200MPG for the new mini.

Honestly, this is the only part of your ad that bugs me. You've got the car modded and styled- great, no problem there. Everyone does that. Some of your mods would get a new owner into a lot of trouble- whatever! Buyer beware. That doesn't get more than a raised eyebrow from me.

But carefully staging a run to show 28+MPG in a car known for poor mileage and using it as a selling point? That's really shady, and you should know better than to hit that low. I don't see any way it can help you- anyone who knows what the car is will know that it's suspicious, and they'll start wondering what else is suspicious. For folks who don't know the car at all, it will eventually be discovered. And when it is, it will look like a deliberate attempt at deception rather than just an omission. The coverup is ALWAYS worse than the crime.

I wish you well on your plans to sell the car and move to a 3-row, but if you want the benefits of sharing this listing within our community you should be prepared to take comments on it, good and bad.
Rallitek sway bars F&R + AVO rear sway bar reinforcement brackets
JDM divorced stereo/HVAC controller, JVC DD stereo
Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in diagnostic scanner?
rasterman is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

Car: 07 limited OB XT

Off topic... Colorado has a lot of nice subies for sale.

Let the owner sell it the way he wants, as long as a member on here doesn't get a lemon out of it.

It looks pretty clean and well maintained.
jimy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #39 (permalink)

So no one sees a problem with this person selling a car that is in a state where it's engine will be destroyed by driving? You might want to mention the cost of a new shortblock that will be required from the "builder's" lack of subaru ecu logic knowledge.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Car: '08 OBXT '07 'beca '02 Foz

At this point it's beating a dead horse. I've seen lots of cars driven without tunes that haven't exploded and some that have. It's a buyer beware world. People should do appropriate research before buying anything and negotiate accordingly. We are not the internet police. My only real issues were the claims of a vf40 being equivalent to an 18g (which has been fixed) and the mileage claim. But again, do your research.

Otherwise the only problem with the ad is the dirty car and not great pics.
singincanary is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: