Subaru Outback Forums banner

SiriusXM Traffic Plus

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  flavius 
#1 ·
I just found information about something called SiriusXM Traffic Plus here: https://www.siriusxm.com/infotainment#sxm-trafficplus
It doesn't really say much other then

1. Next generation of traffic services with more detailed highway and city coverage (Traffic Plus only)

Anybody using this service? I called their hotline, the rep I talked to didn't know anything about it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Good grief, 2 tiers of traffic alerts? That's about the dumbest thing they've done in recent memory. Not surprising, though; they're always happy to pick people's pockets (and I say that as a fan of their service, just not the sales practices). I'm happy with the regular traffic service, but from what I've read around here, the accuracy is lacking in many parts of the country. Guess that would explain the premium service option.

So I assume they're showing this as an option for your radio specifically?

#4 ·
I have had the car for about a week now and had the opportunity to test the nav system (and the traffic data) driving around Greater Boston for a couple days. Even with my limited knowledge of the place I knew I'd better ignore it and just follow the street signs and my experience with the traffic patterns North of Boston, so I started digging if I could set it up differently etc and found above mentioned webpage.

I have to say that my previous car had a solid nav system with typically good traffic data, used it many times getting into Boston in the morning. In all fairness, though, I was never in that particular part of town with the previous car.

So, that was not an offer tailored for my OB, just a webpage - that the rep in their service center was not aware of. I'd gladly pay extra for more and better data, since I'd rather not prop up my phone just for this.

#5 ·
Per the window sticker on my 2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, its option package 24 includes "SiriusXM Traffic & TravelLink 3 years free." Perhaps that's the product the OP found on the SiriusXM site.

It does seem to work: last Saturday on the way home from another town, our nav system offered many traffic warnings, and attempted to get us to change to a different way home. Not being in any hurry, and not knowing the alternate routes, we chose to stay on the original course, which was indeed slower than usual.

#6 ·
Today I drove into Boston, to our main offices In Cambridge actually, a route I know well. I got a number of of those alarmist 'traffic jam' messages but the nav system did not suggest I do anything, then another one - for real this time - followed by the suggestion to get off the highway which happened to be the exit which usually works best for me at that time of day.

I'm wondering if one of those nav system settings (there are a bunch of different ones) is responsible for those bogus alarms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.