Journal: Rob's 2013 2.5i Premium Outback in Twilight Blue Metallic - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Journal: Rob's 2013 2.5i Premium Outback in Twilight Blue Metallic

Purchase information: Purchased on December 22, 2012 at World Subaru in Tinton Falls, NJ. After a couple months of research and a few weeks of contacting and visiting dealerships, I finally bought the car off the lot for a sale price of $24,166 plus tax, motor vehicle fee and document fee. MSRP (sticker price) was $27,424. 12 miles were on the odometer.

Vehicle information: 2013 Subaru Outback, 2.5i Premium in Twilight Blue Metallic with six-speed manual transmission. Packages include: Option Package 02 (All-Weather Package) with heated front seats, heated side mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer; Popular Package #2 with all-weather mats, rear bumper cover, splash guards, wheel arch molding, and rear seat back protector.

Originally I did not want the wheel arch molding, but the look grew on me and the functionality makes sense. All the other options were exactly what I was looking for, and nothing more. To most it probably seems pretty plain, but I truly do not need navigation, a moonroof, leather seats, etc. I am happy with the Outback I ended up with

And here she is! The day after purchase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R o b _D.
Current car: 2013 TB/BC Subaru Outback, 2.5i Premium 6mt
Before you start a new thread, please search first! Learn how
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 PM

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium CVT
Congrats! She's a Beautiful lady.

paulfolio

2013 Outback 2.5i Premium AWP, CVT "Olivia"

Little Mods/ Accessories:
32% tint on front windows c/o Mr. Tint
MagnetBra
Red Hella Supertones
Harness Kit and Bracket from Subimods.com
Yellow LaminX tinted Fog Lamps
Plastidipped Rear Emblems and Grille
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Two days after I took her off the lot, the Outback went to the detailer for new car prep and clear bra application. I went to Detailer's Domain located in north Jersey, a company I had found on my old car forum and previously purchased detailing supplies from. They did great work, although because of the cold weather I may need to bring it back in the spring for some touch-ups on the clear bra. Either way, the front end is well protected now!

The clear bra was applied to the full front bumper, full hood, A-pillars and side mirrors. I picked up the Outback from Detailer's Domain last night and was going to take some pictures today, but we're getting a nice layer of fresh snow!

R o b _D.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Planned modifications/accessories for the near future: Yakima RocketBox Pro 11 Cargo Box (ordered and received, plan on installing it tomorrow - the Yakima fit guide says it will fit and clear the rear hatch, however it looks HUGE! Verdict coming soon..); 19mm RSB; replace the stock horns; front windows tinted to match privacy glass; front plate bracket; and OEM tweeter installation.

R o b _D.

post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Car: 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin Striping with Subaru Emblem, 19mm RSB
Love the color, looks sweet with those big old fog lamps and the black on the bottom.

Got a little snow on my Outback down here in South Jersey, don't know if your going to get any where your at.

Rain/snow line is split right up the state.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snow (800x450).jpg
Views:	662
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	26604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Outback (1024x764).jpg
Views:	2611
Size:	799.0 KB
ID:	26605  

Let's See What This Thing Can Do!
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Accessory: Yakima RocketBox Pro 11. Purchased from Amazon.com for $284.33 (great sale price, plus an additional 15% off cargo boxes, free two-day shipping AND no sales tax for NJ! I love Amazon!!!)

Installation was very easy; it took about 30 minutes the first time and now that the brackets are in the right spot, it shouldn't take more than five minutes to install/uninstall. It clears the rear hatch with room to spare, and that's with the box pushed back as far as possible. It says it fits skis up to 210cm, so should be plenty for my 166. It also has a decent amount of space for backpacking/camping gear, if I need it in the summer. Perfect for my needs and can't beat the price.

R o b _D.

post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

^ Thanks for the positive comment

I've only had the car for two weeks and plan on taking three other people up to the mountains this weekend, which means passengers, luggage and four sets of skis; so the roof box is necessary.

And also just because the Outback is a rugged vehicle doesn't mean I have to treat it like crap, keep it dirty, get it dinged and dented, etc.

R o b _D.

post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm Not Slash...yet.

Car: 2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
Send a message via AIM to FMGreen
Welcome to site and to the world of Outback ownership, Robert.

No one should tell you how to treat your own car. Baby your new baby as much as you'd like!

If you can't keep it clean, keep it green!
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Car: 2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
I keep mine clean as well. That doesn't mean it doesn't get used.

2012 Outback 2.5i Premium
"Paul Hogan"
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Car: 13 Outback 2.5i Premium w/AWP 6MT
Just purchased a very very similiar outback to yours this month!

13 2.5i Premium 6-Speed in Silver!

Got the rear bumper protector and all weather mats from factory, as well as Body Side Moldings as a dealer install. I also have a Thule 6-ski rack for the roof.

I have since put on Rally Armor Mudflaps as I thought the Subaru ones were essentially useless. Don't plan on driving it much in the next 6-8 months so I'm going to leave it as is for now. Great car so far!

-Peter

2013 Outback Premium w/All Weather Package
6-Speed Manual
Ice Silver Metallic

Added: All Weather Mats, Auto Dimming Mirror, Body Side Molding, Rear Bumper Protector, Rally Armor Mudflaps, 19mm Rear Sway Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: