Which low beam type ( lamp ) do I have ? - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which low beam type ( lamp ) do I have ?

Hi all.
I know it may sound dumb but being that I have bought my OB used, I can't find a way to identify if my low beam are normal ( H7 ) or XID or Xenon or other stuffs, unless I remove one.
I would like to change it with some leds or, in any case, some better lamps, but I would not dismount them before having bought the new one being that it's not really easy to remove them.

Can you help me on this ?

Thx

Pigi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:40 AM

Car: 2008 OB Limited 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigi View Post
I would like to change it with some leds or, in any case, some better lamps, but I would not dismount them before having bought the new one being that it's not really easy to remove them.
Buy both sets, install what fits, return the unused ones unopened.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:42 PM

Car: 2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
Knowing the year of your vehicle would help. But, most likely it has standard halogen H7 bulbs.

When you turn the headlights on, do they come on at full brightness, or do they have to warm up slightly? Is the color more yellow or blue?

That said, I would not recommend using the LED bulbs that you can find on Amazon and Ebay as your main headlight bulbs. The housing was not designed for the light that the LEDs put out. You will end up with poor light patterns and worse visibility.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 radio swap with

Constant power to auxiliary 12V plugs mod

Electrical problems such as rear wiper not working, tailgate lock stop working properly, radio reception suddenly terrible or tail light/backup lights not working or fuses blowing? Check the tailgate wiring.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.

The year of my OB is 2011.
The color of the light it's kind of a pain to understand as I have this strange problem of a very low light emission from lowbeam but it's definitively more toward cold white than yellow.

My mech suggested the Philipps Xtreme vision. Would be a good choice ?

Thx again

Pigi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: