Subaru Outback Forums banner

AUSubaru lifts '04/'05 Outback Gen4 - woohoo!!!

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  superu 
#1 ·
Here's something that should get a few Gen4 (US Gen3) Outback owners excited - these are the guys wbanas is dealing with at the moment....

Photo is hot off their forum from the weekend just gone... so it's pretty fresh. :10: :10:

Photo credits to them, hope they don't think this is stealing their thunder... but it's way cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: - if a little undertyred at the moment... :eek:

For those interested in following the thread here's the link..

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7752

Waiting with baited breath.... (Someone stop wbanas salivating, please..:2: )

Cheers :7:
Garry

See less See more
#2 ·
SWEET!!! :6:

Oh my God! They had better keep that thing locked up because if I get down there, I'm going to steal that awesome OB!!! :10:

Either that or I'll be attached to it like a stray dog on a stuffed animal :D

#3 ·
Thanks Garry!

The drool is going to short out my keyboard!

Dave told me my kit shipped out last Monday! :D

I'm hoping to have everything in by Christmas or the week following at least.

:7:

#5 ·
Keeping this thread alive, hoping for some updates and photos of both projects. I just checked out the full thread the link took me to and it's looking really good.

wbanas, who makes the lift you are installing? Is it a body lift or suspension lift?

Edited to add: Nevermind. I just found what I was looking for on your project thread but I now would like to know more about this AU Subaru lift manufacturer and where to find the kit, if it's available for a 2002. Eager to see pics with the new lift.

#6 ·
There are now some photos on that link that show the lift with offroad tyres fitted...:cool:

Snomad, if you're looking to lift a 2002 try Scorpion. They already have a kit that will do a 2" body lift for your year...

Check the forums,

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3296&highlight=ggvfr

Here's all the info on mine... Search by my user name - ggvfr - and you'll find lots of mod info to suit your model.

Cheers
Garry

#7 ·
Thanks Garry. Yea, I saw the photos of it with the larger tires and wheels--it looks wicked. I'm still hoping to see some of new photos from wbanas with the new lift on the Superu machine.

I've checked out Scorpion's lift and it looks good. I'm interested to see what this new lift offers, unless it's only available for 2004 and newer Outbacks. Thanks for the link to your project. I looked all through that and it looks good too and I think everything on the 2003 is the same as 2002, mechanically, so that's encouraging. :18:

:7:

#8 ·
Lift kit on the open seas!

Since my kit was shipped via AU Sea Mail, I expect to see it some time in the next few weeks. It's a long and slow trip with a pit stop in US Customs before it makes it to my local P.O. :eek:

Hopefully, I'll have it all set up by the end of January. The blue Outback at the top of this thread is wearing the actual kit that was built for my car. Dave wanted to fit it locally before shipping and I'm glad he did as there were several changes that had to be made to the final kit!

Will keep everyone updated and post pics as soon as it's done! :18:

#9 ·
G'day fellas. First post here, so hello every one.

I was just pointed to this post by a bloke that is looking for a kit for this model. The car that is posted up at the top is mine. Sorry to wbanas for fitting the kit to my car but we had to make sure that every thing was right before we sent any kits away.

I thought I would post up a few more pics for you to look at of it. Maiden Voyage was to the beach as you would tell from the photos.

We do kits for all model Outbacks. There is a link to email me at http://www.ausubaru.com/index.php?pageid=liftkits for any one that may be interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.