Question about stocker Gen 4 Limited Rims - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2014 Outback 3.6r Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Question about stocker Gen 4 Limited Rims

Hey there guys, new to the forum. A little history first... So last month my STi died and it was time for a new car. I was getting a little fed up with the STi beating me up anyway since I put a lot of highway miles on it every month. With the police in Canada impounding cars lately when they're a little bit "too spirited" I decided to go for comfort. I was just about to grab a new Caddy ATS but I decided I'd be right back where I started, a car with stiff suspension and begging for speeding tickets. So to be honest, an outback never once crossed my mind but while I was waiting to get my STi towed to the dealer for a repair estimate, the salesman managed to talk me into sitting in an Outback. Soooo, here I am, owning a car I never would have thought I'd own. I love it. Anyway, down to business, Even though I love this car I'm not a fan of the stocker Halogens (Retrofit on the way) the "chrome" everywhere (waiting for spring to paint) and the minute I bought the car I brought it to get real winters with studs put on. All season are no good to me on a Subaru. So since I spent well over a grand on the STi swapping rubber every season I've opted to just buy rims for summer tires and be done with the tire shops for awhile (except for rotations). Since I'm out at work I don't have access to my OB and I can't for the life of me find a reliable source for what the stock 17 inch rims offset is on the 2014 3.6 Limited is. I plan on going up to 17s for the summer, probably with these bad boys
https://www.canadawheels.ca/index.ph...&selectcheck=1
Anyone know what the ET is on my rims (and I do match the ET on new rims right? Even if they're 17s) I'm also a little perplexed with the whole "upsizing" tire sizes but the shop can probably help me with that. Sorry for the long rant for such a short question but I've been reading this forum for weeks and I might as well jump right in here! Thanks for the help
Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 1997 SVX Bordeaux 2012 OBW 6 speed 1992 SVX Ebony 1992 SVX Claret

Stock offset is +55 I believe. +45 will work fine. I have +45 on my 2012. It's hard to find wheels with an offset as high as +55.
You'll want to get hubcentric rings for the wheels to match up the hub size. Also you'll likely need "tuner" lug nuts as the stockers usually won't work with aftermarket wheels. You may want to check out:http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do? and http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...r=3.6R+Limited

The prices are much better than in Canada. They will ship to Canada will all duties, taxes and shipping included in the price.
If you happen to live near the border, have them shipped to the nearest The UPS Store on the USA side and pick them up there. Discount will do free shipping to the USA plus free mounting and balancing if you buy the wheels and tires from them.
Blacky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car: 2014 Outback 3.6r Limited

Perfect, I appreciate the help.
Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue

Stock offset is NOT +55, it's +48. Between +35 and +50 is a safe range.

R o b _D.
Current car: 2013 TB/BC Subaru Outback, 2.5i Premium 6mt
Before you start a new thread, please search first! Learn how here.
This is my Outback.
AO River is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car: '98 LOBW/'00 OBW LTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
Hey there guys, new to the forum. A little history first... So last month my STi died and it was time for a new car. I was getting a little fed up with the STi beating me up anyway since I put a lot of highway miles on it every month. With the police in Canada impounding cars lately when they're a little bit "too spirited" I decided to go for comfort. I was just about to grab a new Caddy ATS but I decided I'd be right back where I started, a car with stiff suspension and begging for speeding tickets. So to be honest, an outback never once crossed my mind but while I was waiting to get my STi towed to the dealer for a repair estimate, the salesman managed to talk me into sitting in an Outback. Soooo, here I am, owning a car I never would have thought I'd own. I love it. Anyway, down to business, Even though I love this car I'm not a fan of the stocker Halogens (Retrofit on the way) the "chrome" everywhere (waiting for spring to paint) and the minute I bought the car I brought it to get real winters with studs put on. All season are no good to me on a Subaru. So since I spent well over a grand on the STi swapping rubber every season I've opted to just buy rims for summer tires and be done with the tire shops for awhile (except for rotations). Since I'm out at work I don't have access to my OB and I can't for the life of me find a reliable source for what the stock 17 inch rims offset is on the 2014 3.6 Limited is. I plan on going up to 17s for the summer, probably with these bad boys
https://www.canadawheels.ca/index.ph...&selectcheck=1
Anyone know what the ET is on my rims (and I do match the ET on new rims right? Even if they're 17s) I'm also a little perplexed with the whole "upsizing" tire sizes but the shop can probably help me with that. Sorry for the long rant for such a short question but I've been reading this forum for weeks and I might as well jump right in here! Thanks for the help
Do the tire guize drive Bentley's up there, or what???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: