Tire Recommendations - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Car: Subaru Outback 2008, base
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the feedback. Lots to research. Never knew buying tires could be such a difficult decision!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 PM

Car: 1997 SVX Bordeaux 2012 OBW 6 speed 1992 SVX Ebony 1992 SVX Claret
Not difficult but enlightening and educational.

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Car: 15MY 2.5i w/ES
General Altimax RT43... I don't have any personal experience with them, but based on the skuttlebutt, it'll be my next set of tires...

Personally, I think Michelins are over priced... Not that they're bad, but they cost to much for what you get...

BTW, best bang for buck, for me, has been Cooper tires... Still I like to try different brands/models...

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have continental DWS and absolutely love them. Check their reviews and you'll probably be sold. D stands for dry, W stands for wet and S stands for snow. They have indicator marks on them to tell you when the snow traction wears out, followed by the the wet traction.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 PM

Car: 2005 XT, Bone Stock...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt ninja View Post
I have continental DWS and absolutely love them. Check their reviews and you'll probably be sold. D stands for dry, W stands for wet and S stands for snow. They have indicator marks on them to tell you when the snow traction wears out, followed by the the wet traction.
Plus 1^^^on this. My DWS are very good in most conditions. They can't truly be called a HP dry tire...or a true winter tire...but if you can only have 1 tire fir everything...they are $$$ very well spent.

tdck's FrankenWagon
suspension - chassis - brakes - cooling - power.
XRT Tuned, Running Blind Without Eyesight

tdck's Cherry Bomb
Outback XT ... No Longer Stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HomeGrown Wrenching Services ... Colorado Front Range[/U]
Custom Fabrications .. Repairs .. DIY Instruction Classes .. Mobile Operations
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 10:09 AM

Car: '02 Outback VDC, Sedan
done with Michellins

I have an 02 VDC Sedan with Michellin Primacy MXV4 from the previous owner, they have 60k or over, tons of tread left, but they are seriously cracked in the sidewalls,,,, looking for new tires before summer
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Car: '13 Outback Limited 2.5i, Venetian Red Pearl w/Wheel arch moldings, EyeSight, Nav, Moonroof, Puddle lights, Remote start
Just a couple of weeks ago, I replaced the OEM Geolanders on the 2010 Forester that my wife mainly drives with Continental PureContact EcoPlus tires. I'm very impressed, and a little jealous even though I'm pretty content with the Conti ProContact GX tires on the 2013 OB Limited that I drive. The PureContacts are really a noticeable step up.

The PureContacts also have the DWS molded into the tread pattern. I was originally looking at the ExtremeContact DWS, but I'm glad I went with these.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 05:01 PM

I've been running nokian all seasons on my '99 outback since the day I got her, about to jump on my second set of wrg2's. Great in the dry, lots of rain, and they're a blast in the snow

Heard nothing but good things about the DWS as well, have looked into those but its one of those things where you find something that work why change it

hope it helps, saw the post earlier for the wrg2 and thought i'd add
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Car: 1996 Legacy Outback
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
General Altimax RT43... I don't have any personal experience with them, but based on the skuttlebutt, it'll be my next set of tires...

Personally, I think Michelins are over priced... Not that they're bad, but they cost to much for what you get...

BTW, best bang for buck, for me, has been Cooper tires... Still I like to try different brands/models...
I just got a pair of the Altimaxs after hearing about them here. So far they seem to be doing well. They grip well in snow and wet but that might be because they're so new.

Tirerack's personal reviews of them are very high with few if any negative reviews. That itself is unusual.

When my mechanic told me I needed new tires, he suggested Dunlops but when I countered with the Generals he said one one of his mechanics swore by them. Not a bad recommendation in my book.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:08 PM

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Tire recommendations for a 2012 Outback - San Francisco

Hi, jumping in on this two year old post...hope that's okay, but I rarely come across a San Francisco response, so wanted to jump in..... I'm a 2012 Sub Outback 2.5i Premier owner who gave the car to my wife....long story short...she got a flat, front pass, it's been a huge issue...towing, not having the spare ( donut ) in the front, etc....getting new tires PLUS a full size spare.....I could really use some honest advice on a solid set of Winter / M&S / All Season tires.....and which best complement the AWD.....I've read a TON of East coast post stating that running All Season tires, like the stock OEM ones they're sold with, counter acts the AWD system all together???? Very much appreciated, Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: