Subaru Outback Forums banner

Method Rally Wheels (limited stock - Pre-order now!)

453K views 394 replies 135 participants last post by  9986mkoh 
#1 ·
NOW IN STOCK!!!

Details: Method Race Wheels Rally 15x7 +15 5-100 Matte Black

We had the chance to pick up a limited number (only 120) 15x7 Method Racing Rally wheels. We've placed our order and the wheels are on their way. If you are looking to give your lifted Outback an aggressive rally look you won't find a better wheel option so jump on these while supplies last.

Method Racing Rally Wheel Specs:
15x7 5x100 +15mm offset
Matte Black Finish
Steel Inserted lug holes - Strength
No center cap
Subaru Hub Centric (56.1 hub bore)
Built to Subaru Rally Team Specs

Discount Tire Part #75691​

Recognize these wheels? Likely so, these wheels are produced by Method Racing Wheels for the Subaru Rally Team. Driver David Higgins recently finished the last 14 miles of stage 6 at the Mt. Hood Rally on a bare wheel after he blew a tire in the first mile. Higgins reached speeds over 100mph and this is what the wheel looked like after the beating.

More info on the story here: WATCH: David Higgins In-Car and Mt. Hood Rally Recap | Method Race Wheels

To pre-order a set of your Subaru please call 1.888.459.4080.

_____
_____
_____

See less See more
#85 ·
I have a 05 LL bean, was wondering if the mr502 15s would clear the brakes. I'm getting mixed information all over the web about caliper sizes for the 05-09 outbacks. I'm ready to pull the trigger for this coming winter but just want to be sure.

#86 ·
I got that from reading the rest of the thread. I was wondering if they'd made any that would work yet since this thread has been going for a bit. If anyone had the 17" 502s on their outback I would love to see pics. Not sure how I'd feel about them with 17s plus AT tires. I'm going for the same look as Mrshittooth. Digging it for sure. Nice look, rugged. Got a primitive racing setup, suspension, brush guard and skid plates. Plus I'll soon get a rack. So that's more what I'm looking for. Not a street car at all. I like to get out there. Hence the 15" or even 16". I'll be buying 5 tires so I have that spare just in case. Sorry for the long reply, I get carried away.

#92 ·
Its on a 2005 3.0 LL Bean (my friends now call it LL Mean, lol). 3.0 and 2.5 n/a have same brakes (I looked up part numbers). XT have WRX brakes from my understanding. Same OD but diff thickness; now sure how much bigger the WRX calipers are but Method website specifically states that it clears WRX calipers.

Method MR502 VT-Spec | Method Race Wheels

#107 ·
Got mine from discount with 215/70R15 Geolandar a/t-s. Great service there, little blocks on sidewall were facing the same direction on all 4 but called and were told they were non-directional tires so it's only hurting my OCD.

The +15 offset on the 15s will rub your inner fender liners in the front, but that's a small price to pay :)

Attachments

#121 ·
A forum member asked how I was liking the setup, here's a brief review of the Method's with 215/70r15 geolandar a/t-s.

The setup is working great, just over 4000 miles on it now. The tires run smooth and aren't too much noisier than my Michelin pilot sport tires I had on before with 18s. Tread pattern is good too, sheds water well and did good when I was playing around in about 10" of snow. You will need to get a "tuner" lugnut as the stock ones don't fit, I got the Gorilla ones in black off Amazon and have been really happy with them.
Wheels look great and get lots of compliments, the +15 offset makes them sit out a little bit from stock which looks great, but this is also the biggest negative about the setup. Even though tire diameter is the same as stock, they rub the front of the front wheel well when turning at low speeds due to the wheel sitting farther out from the hub. Not a big deal as far as functionality as its just hitting the inner liner, but they will definitely make some noise when you're pulling into a parking lot or driveway. So a lift may help this, but I changed plans and didn't get a chance to put my King Springs in so I'm just going to deal with it for now, or try modify the liner. If money were no object I'd get the 17" version of these that have the stock +48 offset and the same tires, but I'm super happy with the 15" ones and tires a lot cheaper for a 15" rim anyways. DTD was great to work with and was able to help me out a lot with ordering and delivery of these, however their website says all wheels come with hub-centric ring kits free and mine did not. Otherwise great!

Attachments

#122 ·
Thank you for the overview and shout out, mrpyb! Your set-up looks great!

We do include hub centric rings for FREE when applicable. In this particular case, though, the 15-inch MR502 is hub centric (56.1mm) to your vehicle so no hub centric rings needed.

On a side note regarding lug hardware, we have both chrome and black finish spline drive lug kits available; they run $45.00.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.