Subaru Outback Forums banner

Coilovers vs LGT Swap

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  grantwilson 
#1 ·
Have an 05' 3.0R Wagon. Getting into the suspension in the next few weeks. Just curious of everybody's opinion on coilovers vs LGT swap. I like the idea of being able to adjust the height if I need to. What do you guys currently have for suspension, and how do you like it? Pros? Cons? I'm leaning towards BC Racing coilovers, but I really want some feedback before I purchase anything. Also, this is a daily driver. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 ·
I had some BC BR coil overs on my '08 XT. The ride is very good on full soft. Just right for street driving. I had them on for about 3 years and decided to go to something more sporty. The paint was chipping off the springs and starting to rust, one of them had started leaking a little, so they were probably due for a rebuild.

Also with the road salt we have in this area, it caused some corrosion and I wasn't able to adjust the suspension height anymore as I couldn't get the adjusters to move. Used PB Blaster, and still didn't work. It bent the adjuster tool. So if you live somewhere it snows, take precautions to prevent this from happening.

I just got a set of Fortune 510, but I Track the car quite a bit so that the reason for the upgrade instead of just rebuilding the BC's. Haven't gotten to drive the car yet on the Fortune's as the car is still in the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.