Subaru Outback Forums banner

Parts department had no clue on wheels???

911 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  eagleeye 
#1 ·
Took my '14 Outback in for service Monday and while waiting on that to be done, went to parts to ask about replacement wheels. The 2.5i base model has the ugly black tractor wheels with plastic snap-on covers, and since I can no longer buy an Outback with 6MT, I'm hanging on to it. But those wheels have to go. He had absolutely no clue what to tell me. He said "walk around on the lot and write down the VIN number off a vehicle that has wheels you like." Meaning, get a sales person to open every car I like the wheels on, plus not all of them are even the same size. I'm thinking I can go into any tire/wheel place and get new wheels, as long as I stay with the same size. Might have to get dealer to work on TPMS sensors, but that would be a one-time deal. Anyone out there go and buy different wheels for your OB that did NOT come off another Subaru with no issues? Shame the 6MT is gone. Crying shame.

#4 ·
Discount Tire - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

@Discount Tire also sells wheels with TPMS on them. (Edit: I guess, as of yet I have not bought from them)

If you live in a area that sees actual snow: maybe consider getting a set of snow tires for your old steel wheels. (steelies are nice and cheap to replace when you smack a march pothole and dent one.)

all seasons for the new rims,...for the 3 nice seasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.