Subaru Outback Forums banner

Fearless | Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15

27K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  rfross 
#1 ·
Fearless | Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15

I have been running the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S for a few years on my Toyota FJ Cruiser and have been very pleased with the overall performance both on and off-road road, so when the updated version came out I decided it would be a great time to upgrade my tires and test them out.

According to Yokohama their all-new Geolandar A/T GO15 tire has been engineered to give you ultimate traction across all conditions, whether you're rolling down the highway or leaving the pavement behind.

After having my Geolandar A/T GO15 tires installed at one of our Discount Tire locations, I came home and loaded up my trailer with my side by side and headed north to the mountains of Payson, AZ. I have to say even though my older Geolandar A/T-S tires were quiet, the new Geolandar A/T GO15 are even quieter. They also seem to ride smoother on the uneven surface streets to and from the office. My older set would track on the uneven surfaces where these roll through the same area without tracking.

Pulling my loaded trailer was smooth and effortless thanks to the Endurocore Construction on my Load Range E tires. The 10-ply rated construction adds extra durability for vehicles carrying heavy loads.

After unloading my trailer it was time to take the FJ out for some wheeling fun. I have ridden in the area for many years and know a few excellent spots to test the traction and chip resistance of the tires.

We started off on some mild rocky trails through the woods to get the feel of the tires.

After a few miles we were ready to test the tires on a steep, loose, off-camber, and rocky hill climb with a few ledges thrown in to make it interesting.

The first challenge was the off-camber section where the rear tire followed a rut up the trail to a spot where the rear drivers side sidewall would have to climb up a boulder with most of the vehicles weight transferred to it. The Geolandar A/T GO15 never missed a beat as the over the shoulder deep serrated sidewall climbed the rock face with ease.

The terrain on this trail is very loose and rocky but the tires had absolutely no trouble with traction even with it being quite steep.

After our trail ride and hill climb we took a break to enjoy the breathtaking views of the Mogollon rim off in the distance.

This was a good time for us to inspect the tires for any chips or sidewall damage. You could tell from the scuff marks on the tires we used the sidewalls but there were no cuts and no chips in the tread thanks to their Enduro Compound which enhances chip cut resistance.

The tires did an incredible job both on and off-road just as Yokohama said they would.

We did not have the chance to test this tire in mud or snow but Yokohama has also improved this tires capability in both of those areas by adding Triple 3D Sipes that change shape as the tire wear. Circumferential groves which evacuate water beneath the tread to help prevent hydroplaning and by adding Edgetec groves which create more biting edges.n.

Don M
Discount Tire

See less See more
#2 ·

Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15
UTQG: 600 A, B (P-Metric Only)
Warranty: 60,000 Mile on PLT sizes | 50,000 Mile on LT sizes

Click here for: Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO15 Availability and Pricing

-KEY FEATURES-

• ENDURO COMPOUND: Yokohama's unique tread compound with Orange Oil and special polymers resists wear for longer mileage. Also promotes off-road durability and cut/chip resistance.
  • TRIPLE 3D SIPES: Change shape as the tread wears to maintain biting edges for confident all-season traction. Also helps retain block stiffness for longer, more even wear.
  • CIRCUMFERENTIAL GROOVES: Expel water from beneath the tread to help prevent hydroplaning.
  • EDGETEC GROOVES: Create more biting edges for traction in snow while also creating more void area to help expel dirt and mud.
  • SIDEWALL PROTECTORS: Fight off sidewall cuts and abrasions.
  • ENDUROCORE CONSTRUCTION: For Load Range E-Sizes. the casing has been optimized to deliver added durability for vehicles that carry heavy loads
  • FULL NYLON COVER: Provides extra puncture resistance in the tread area.
  • THREE PEAK MOUNTING/SNOWFLAKE SYMBOL: All Yokohama Geolandar A/T GO51 tires meet the RMA performance in snow testing.

(click chart to enlarge)

-MEDIA-

Source: YokohamaTire.com

#5 ·
I just took delivery of my 2016 Outback last night, been looking to replace the tires and wheels and came across these Geolander A/T GO15 doing research today. They seem to be getting pretty good reviews, and for me have the advantage that they are a snowflake tire! These also seem to come in an 18" size that would work (235/60-18) on the factory wheels.

#7 ·
We did not show the 235/60R-18 size in our system but in checking with Yokohama this size is going to be made although it is currently on Nationwide back order with no ETA currently.
My plan is to go order new tires/wheels today to take advatange of the sales, so I guess that seals the notion I should just get the 17" wheels/tire package. Unless you're saying that the 235/65-17 isn't available either in the Yoko GO15?

#8 ·
#13 ·
#12 ·
I'm glad they updated the design. The old design was pretty dated. I think for lighter vehicles they offer a good value. They were way to lightly built for my Sequoia. And the price wasnt really competitive with more modern designs and respected brands. So I'm glad they updated them.

#15 ·
If your traveling up rock paths like this tester did, I'd do the Yoko's. If your gonna be on dirt/small rock roads and highway/city, I'd do the Michelin. Continental has a great Lt Truck/Suv tire called the Cross Contact LX 20 eco plus worth looking at. Love them on my Outback.

#18 ·
Greta service from Discount/Americas tire. I was told it would take 4to5 days for the shipping from the AZ warehouse. Luckily they got the tires from Nevada overnight. Installed the next day. They are quiet and smooth riding on pavement. I'll report back after more miles and experience. The existing tires (AT/ KO BFG) were old and beginning to crack but still had a lot of tread.
Thanks!

#20 ·
2016 OB 2.5i limited w/ 18 inch stock rims

hey all, following the threads here and i'm looking for a good all terrain tire with off-road/snow capabilities. i'm trying to avoid buying another set of dedicated snow tires. seems the g15 would fit the bill nicely as a daily driver/weekend warrior tire in the dirt/snow here in CA.

anyone have any comments as far as fitment on the stock 18 inch subie limited rims? i see since the other posts on this thread that yokohama has a 235/60/18H tire on their website now?

#21 ·
hey all, following the threads here and i'm looking for a good all terrain tire with off-road/snow capabilities. i'm trying to avoid buying another set of dedicated snow tires. seems the g15 would fit the bill nicely as a daily driver/weekend warrior tire in the dirt/snow here in CA.

anyone have any comments as far as fitment on the stock 18 inch subie limited rims? i see since the other posts on this thread that yokohama has a 235/60/18H tire on their website now?
You should try searching on the site. If you are a Gen 5 owner (2015+) then you can go here.

#23 ·
I just ordered a set for my '17 Outback. They're coming mounted on Andros R9 17 x 7.5 / 45 offset wheels and they should arrive by Monday. So I'll be able to give you some feedback this coming week.

#28 ·
Yes, I have EyeSight and no, I haven't found any issues. But I'm also running the stock sized tires at 225/65x17.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.