Subaru Outback Forums banner

Wheel Upgrade? Method Roost

10K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
I've got the 2016 Outback Limited. Currently it's stock wheels, tires and no lift. I'm planning to get the Anderson Fabs 2" lift and I really want to move to some 17" wheels for more variety in selecting a tire (235/65-17).

A noob at buying wheels I've done a bunch of research but I can't tell if the wheel will ultimately fit over the brakes and if the offset and width is going to cause some rubbing on the wheel well before and after the lift.

I'm thinking of getting the Method Racing Roost in matte black.

I've been using this tire fitment calculator. I don't claim to know if the fender clearance, suspension clearance, wheelwell clearance or scrub radius are correct. Does anyone know the offset of the stock wheels?

#5 ·
My apologies for the confusion, abee82... when I originally replied to the thread I had in my mind the Method Rally Wheels which we sell quite a few of to Subaru owners. You are correct the Method Roost wheel will not fit.
It's a bit surprising that the Method Roost wheels will not fit. The offset pushes the wheel to the outside which should make for more clearance in the wheel well for shocks, springs, etc.

#6 ·
You are correct, the Roost will push out away from the suspension; the fender clearance is going to be the issue here.

We show your stock wheels are 7-inches wide with a +55 offset. The Method Roost wheels are 8.5-inches wide with 0 offset. This means the front lip of the Roost is going to sit 74 mm (3-inches) further out towards the fender when compared to where the front lip of your factory wheel sits now. From our measurements, this means the Roost will sit approximately 1.5-inches outside of the fender, not including the tire. You may be able to make the fitment work, but you will likely need modifications such as camber and rolled/pulled fenders.

The Method Rally MR502 has a similar look when compared to the Roost so this may be a good option for you. This wheel model in 17x8 ET+38 with 235/65R-17 tires should work without modifications.

Method Rally MR502 | Discount Tire Direct

Let us know if we can be of assistance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.