Michelin Latitude Tour HP Opinions - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2012 Outback, 2.5 Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michelin Latitude Tour HP Opinions

I'm preparing to get rid of the stock Conti's on my 2012 Outback. Yes, it's wasteful to toss a relatively new set of tires, but they simply do not hold their balance, and I'm suspect of their quality. My dealer has suggested that the Michelin Latitude Tour HP would be an ideal match (albeit expensive) for the vehicle, and has assured me that the ride would be much more refined. Do any of the fine folks on this forum have any thoughts about the Latitude's? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 03:50 AM

Car: 2006 Outback Wagon 2.5i 5spd MT Atlantic Blue Pearl
Wow...that's an expensive tire....and the ratings on Tire Rack leave something to be desired. I'd avoid them.

The general recommendations on this forum for all-season tires are:
Michelin Primacy MXV4, Hankook Optimo H727, Nokian WRG2. Note that the WRG2 is more of a snow tire that can handle the other seasons, whereas the typical all-season tire is a three season tire that can handle a little snow. I'm guessing you get some good snow in NE Ohio. I personally run dedicated snow tires and love it. AWD helps you go.....snow tires help you turn and stop.

If you're looking for an all-terrain tire, people generally go for either the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, or General Grabber AT2. Why? Those are pretty much the only ATs in our sizes ^_^

Yvonne - 2006 Outback Wagon 2.5i 5spd MT Atlantic Blue Pearl
225/55R17 BF Goodrich Advantage T/A on stock rims
215/65R16 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 on 97 LGT stock rims
NGK Iridium Plugs
Everstart Maxx 35N Battery
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Car: '15 FXT
Oh wow do I hear ya! I kept the "shipping tires" for about 1200 miles and that was it for me.

I got these: x-ice-xi2

BUT if you don't want a winter tire and want an All Season I highly recommend these: Costco X's

-Dave

Common sense, isn't common.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM

Car: 2012 Outback, 2.5 premium w/6mt
I have some yokahama's on my outback and I think they are great. I have had them for about a 1,000 miles and they seem to be a pretty nice replacement for the Continentals. Keep in mind though, I thought the continentals were fine, but one was damaged and I hate to replace one out of 4 tires so I replaced the entire set so the tread and wear would be the same all around.

Cheers.

Stetson

2012 Outback 2.5 Premium w/ 6mt
2011 Impreza STI Hatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: