Not Happy First Timer - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Not Happy First Timer

I just purchased a 2015 Subaru Outback for my wife. At about 600 miles on the car, a chirping sound developed on the right passengers side of the car. Although the source of the sound is hard to locate, it appears to be coming from behind the glove compartment. The sound seems to be intermittent. At first I thought it only happened when I hit a bump, but now I am not so sure. The dealer of course, has no idea what is going on. Anyway, this care set us back quite a bit, and I am desperate to get an explanation. Any ideas?
sligoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 2006 Outback XT Limited

The blower for the HVAC system is in that location. Try turning it off for a bit, see if it goes away.

This is what warranties are for. It's too bad you need it, but that's how it goes.
How to put a Modern Stereo in your 2005-2009 Outback with Automatic Climate Control
Did you know your 2005-2009 Outback has a built-in diagnostic scanner?
rasterman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. Tried turning off the cooling system and alas, same chirping. I will pursue the warranty issue this week. Let you know what happens.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.

Check for a rock where the suspension spring seats. I have seen that cause an odd squeak in rare cases. Just a wild shot in the dark.

2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, AWP. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch, 19mm RSB, coil SumoSprings on rear.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Update. Took the car into dealer. They claim its a bad strut, unusual for a car with about 1000 miles on it. Unfortunately, it will take a couple of days to get a replacement strut (I was totally shocked) so I will have to continue to live with it. They guarantee me that driving the car with a squeaky strut will not adversely affect the tires etc. I'm not so sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: