New Member - 2012 Outback - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Member - 2012 Outback

Hi, new to the group..

I'm a 2012 Sub Outback 2.5i Premium owner who gave the car to my wife....long story short...she got a flat, front pass, it's been a huge issue...towing, not having the spare ( donut ) in the front, etc....getting new tires PLUS a full size spare.....I could really use some honest advice on a solid set of Winter / M&S / All Season tires.....and which best complement the AWD.....I've read a TON of East coast post stating that running All Season tires, like the stock OEM ones they're sold with, counter acts the AWD system all together???? Very much appreciated, Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:22 PM

I am in Vermont (we get snow)

For many MANY years, I used to keep two sets of wheels/tires (summer / winter) and religiously swap them fall/spring. It is trivial to find cheep 2nd hand wheels for winter tires.

When we bought our most-recent vehicle, it was our VERY FIRST vehicle with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

My wife and I discussed at-length the added costs that TPMS adds to having TWO sets of wheels/tires. We consciously decided to NOT have two sets of tires/wheels and instead get an AWD vehicle and run all-season tires.

There are some folks in Vermont who put studded Hakkapeliittas on their Subarus in the winter. These vehicles can all but climb trees.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Car: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Thanks Bruce, I did a TV show in Vermont, nice place good people.....yeah, even though we don't get snow here in Silicon Valley I do work a lot in Tahoe while my wife works in the city. I'm trying to balance both with a set of tires...if possible? I'm looking at the Michelin Premier A / S tires...expensive, but it's my wife. I'm figuring good for her in the wet and okay for me in the snow....we'll see?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: