Outback Diesel - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 2011 Subaru Outback Diesel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Outback Diesel

Hi there.

I am Outback Diesel owner from Poland - country between Germany and Russia in Europe
I always wondered why Subaru owners love their cars, so I bought one. I still have no clue why, but I already love mine.
Hope to find here plenty of reasons to sell diesel and buy 3.6 (and how to convince my wife that it's a great idea)
badteddybear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: '11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

well, itll be quicker and you wont have to shift it. probably more features, im so jealous of cars available to europeans.

i have a few parts that aren't supposed to be there...

tired of a sore elbow from the hard plastic armrest? get a cover here http://www.redlinegoods.com/cgi-bin/...r&id=1&aid=774
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quicker you say?
My friend used to say that driving a car in general is dangerous, so you need a fast car and you have to drive it fast - to minimize the period of time you are on the road, during which you are exposed to that danger - but i am afraid it wouldn't convince my wife
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car: 2005 Baja - Ditched 13 OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteddybear View Post
Hi there.

I am Outback Diesel owner from Poland - country between Germany and Russia in Europe
I always wondered why Subaru owners love their cars, so I bought one. I still have no clue why, but I already love mine.
Hope to find here plenty of reasons to sell diesel and buy 3.6 (and how to convince my wife that it's a great idea)
What hapened to Belarus, Ukraine and Lithuania? (when you say your country is between Germany and Russia)...has Russia taken those 3 back again?...LOL
Just kidding...
Welcome to this forum though!
jogosub is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogosub View Post
What hapened to Belarus, Ukraine and Lithuania? (when you say your country is between Germany and Russia)...has Russia taken those 3 back again?...LOL
Just kidding...
Welcome to this forum though!
Answering your question - all 3 countries you mentioned were members of Soviet Union. Do you think anything has changed since then? Russia says 'jump' and they all ask 'how high' - otherwise Mr. Putin turns the gas tap off
Not mentioning we still have border with Russia...
Old 11-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Answering your question - all 3 countries you mentioned were members of Soviet Union. Do you think anything has changed since then? Russia says 'jump' and they all ask 'how high' - otherwise Mr. Putin turns the gas tap off
Not mentioning we still have border with Russia...
Yep - you are right about that oil and gas! How sad it is....
Also, I forgot that Kaliningrad Oblast... how sad and how true! Where did you buy your Subaru OB - do they sell them in Poland? Where is the car made, Japan or USA? How much did you pay? Our outbacks are made here in Indiana.
Thanks.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogosub View Post
Yep - you are right about that oil and gas! How sad it is....
Also, I forgot that Kaliningrad Oblast... how sad and how true! Where did you buy your Subaru OB - do they sell them in Poland? Where is the car made, Japan or USA? How much did you pay? Our outbacks are made here in Indiana.
Thanks.
I want to believe it was produced in Japan, but I am not sure. My VIN number starts with JF...can I check it somehow?

I bought it here in Poland from local Subaru dealers. Paid circa $47k (for comparison for 3.6 I would have to pay $70k) - I know it's a robbery . It is so called Active version. Here we have 4 possible versions Trend/Active/Comfort/Comfort Navi.
Diesel 2.0, 150hp with 350Nm torque = 258 lb/ft, MT. Mileage 27MPG city/36 highway (conservative eco-driving) 33MPG my driving.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

Car: 2008 Subaru Outback PZEV
Send a message via Yahoo to priyadar

Quote:
I want to believe it was produced in Japan, but I am not sure. My VIN number starts with JF...can I check it somehow?
If your VIN starts with JF, then it is made in Japan. All cars made in Indiana, US, have VIN numbers starting with 4S.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadar View Post
If your VIN starts with JF, then it is made in Japan. All cars made in Indiana, US, have VIN numbers starting with 4S.
was made in Japan - you mean parts were made in Japan, but possibly were assembled somewhere e.g. in Hungary? Or it was made and built in Japan from A-Z?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

I bought it here in Poland from local Subaru dealers. Paid circa $47k (for comparison for 3.6 I would have to pay $70k) - I know it's a robbery . It is so called Active version. Here we have 4 possible versions Trend/Active/Comfort/Comfort Navi.
Diesel 2.0, 150hp with 350Nm torque = 258 lb/ft, MT. Mileage 27MPG city/36 highway (conservative eco-driving) 33MPG my driving.
There is a free website that you can get and decode the VIN number - it will show you, where it was assembled ... just Google it - on US Google website because I know in some countries you cannot access Google US - like Switzerland - the local carrier switches you automatically to your local country's Google website... as far as I know, Subaru does not have any assembly plants in Europe although there is talk (in Japan) about opening one in Russia in 2015.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: