OEM XM Satellite Stereo install - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

SubaruOutback.org is the premier Subaru Outback Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car: 2009 Outback XT;..... 2002 BMW M Coupe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi LooseRocks.

The link works for me, if you still can't open it, PM me your email address and I will email you a copy directly.
zeta30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Car: 07 Outback 2.5

Thanks for the offer. I got it on the home PC. There must be an issue with the acroread version on the work PC.
LooseRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Car: 07 Outback 2.5

I installed mine yesterday (XM receiver PN = H621SXA001). The OEM instructions that came with it worked just fine. There were some very small minor differences between the instructions and the actual vehicle.

I have a couple of adders to the instructions.

I used a 2” plastic putty knife in place of the OEM plastic tool recommended, a screw gun with a long magnetic bit, a long flat head screw driver and a small flathead screw driver.

I also recommend that you use painters tape above the head unit in order to protect the dash from being scratched up by all the sharp edges on the back of the head unit. Either that or be careful.

The instruction in PDF removes the flasher using a stubby screw driver. That's not necessary. With a small flat-head screw driver, depress the little retainer tab that is in a narrow slot on the bottom side of the black connector show in the instructions. This retainer tab is white in color. It is part of the connector that is attached to the wire. Pull the white portion and it will slide right out.

My '07 has the manual AC so it was necessary to disconnect the control cable for the hot/cold air mixer. This requires that you remove the two lower panels below the steering column. I did use the remove the connector by unscrewing the retainer method when it came to removing the ODBII connector from the lower panel at the driver’s foot well. The tab that removes that connector from that panel is impossibly hard to get into the free position. It was the same in my STi. After removing both panels you can gain access to the control cable. This is where the long flat head screw driver comes into play. You need to be able to depress the retainer tab and pull on the hoop that is at the end of the control cable in order to remove the cable.

Also note the routing of the control cable as you pull the head unit out so you can put it back though the same notch. The instructions were not very clear on this. If you didn’t notice it, it is the rectangular notch on the right side about three inches long and one inch high that is even with the bottom of the opening for the head unit. Removing and putting this cable back was the hardest part of the job.
LooseRocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car: 07 Outback

I just installed the Sirius kit in my 07 Outback wagon. It wasn't that hard at all. The most difficult and time consuming part was dealing with the cable for the temp control, first figuring out how to disconnect it and then rerouting the cable the proper way. Actually installing the satellite radio was the easy part.
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Car: 2009 Outback Limited 2.5 - HGM

The installation instructions that come with the kit are terrible! I would have been very frustrated had I not read this thread first. Thank you!
It took me maybe 45 minutes because I had taken my center console and stereo out before, so I was faster than I would have been if it was my first time. The most complicated part was unplugging the antenna wire to fully remove the stereo. Other then that, it was easy.
-Jim
beastcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default Does head unit say "ANTENNA" after installation?

Hello, I am sorry to revive this old but helpful thread.
I am trying to activate an XM receiver of the same type
but all I see is "SAT1-1 CH001 ANTENNA" on the display.
There's no audio either. I can get the serial number and
have tried repeatedly to get an activation signal, with no change.

I tested for continuity to the antenna from the connector
next to the map lights, and also to the audio head unit.
I could not get a reliable impedance/resistance reading with
a multimeter. Has anyone tried troubleshooting one of these
who might offer suggestions?

The windshield has been replaced (twice now) and it looks like
the coaxial shielding around the cable to the antenna near where it is mounted was damaged in the process. It does not seem to go all the way through to the antenna lead wire. I patched it with conductive material and wrapped the cable with self-sticking silicon tape. This did not fix the problem.

Aside from trying to replace the antenna, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
delnerdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: