Today's Discount Tire experience. - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Car: 2007 Outback 2.5i 5MT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love Discount Tire. Free flat fixes/rotations, quick service. Out here they're called America's Tire though.

I was looking for a set of winter rims/tires for my Outback, printed the winter package from TireRack.com (4 steel rims, 4 General Altimax Arctics) and took it into America's Tire. They matched the price no questions asked, ordered, mounted, balanced, installed... super easy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Supporting Vendor

^
Thank you for your jeffd!

-Matt

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Car: 85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
oh noes

you used student loan to get tires?
wth
that is exactly an example of why the future people of this country are not doing things correctly. Isnt using student loans on personal things illegal?

85BRAT 97SVX, 2x91 Honda CRX, 91 RT4wd
03Baja
post #14 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Car: 1997 Legacy GT Wagon (2.5 Auto) (aka The Warrior Wagon)
Send a message via AIM to WeatherWarriorMedia Send a message via Yahoo to WeatherWarriorMedia
I don't think there is a Discount Tire shop near me, would be nice to have another competitor and one that is linked to online sales.

Also...it was good to have someone post a positive experience. Often online forums (especially car forums) focus a ton on negative experiences. One reason I'm rather cynical in my posting style on auto forums.

I didn't realize Discount Tire was on here as a vendor. Should hit them up for a much needed discount on snow tires I need ASAP.

The Weather Warrior

Severe Weather Enthusiast/Storm chaser/freelance media and film company owner.
post #15 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Car: 1999 Outback w/ 213K!
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bheinen74 View Post
wth
that is exactly an example of why the future people of this country are not doing things correctly. Isnt using student loans on personal things illegal?
It is his money now - that he will have to pay back eventually - so it doesn't really matter what he does with it.

|
|
|
post #16 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Car: 2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bheinen74 View Post
wth
When the loan check is for more than the school needs, the school cuts you a check for the difference. Is is smart financially? No. Was it the only way I was getting needed new tires? Yup.

Being a graduate student is the worst financial decision I have ever made.
*shrug*

Have you considered the Google search bar at the top of the forum?

2002 Outback wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean no more: "Mal" 134,000 and counting.
Cloth interior swap. HIR1 high beam upgrade. Yellow Lamin-X fog light film.

2006 Outback 2.5i wagon: "Professor Sprout" 96,000 and counting.
HIR1 high beam upgrade.

Rust in Peace:
"Solstice" 1996 Outback wagon, totaled at 115K.
"Kaylee" 2003 Outback wagon, sold at 167K.
post #17 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarriorMedia View Post
I don't think there is a Discount Tire shop near me, would be nice to have another competitor and one that is linked to online sales.

Also...it was good to have someone post a positive experience. Often online forums (especially car forums) focus a ton on negative experiences. One reason I'm rather cynical in my posting style on auto forums.

I didn't realize Discount Tire was on here as a vendor. Should hit them up for a much needed discount on snow tires I need ASAP.
Thanks for thinking about us. Let us know if we can help you with your tires. We would love to earn your business.

BTW, I dig your avatar. Looks like a great photo.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #18 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Car: 2009 3.0 R Limited
Smile Discount Tire Excellent

I went to DT to purchase a set of Michelin Hydro-Edge for my OB. Even though the Michelin rebate had expired the DT guy took $70 off the price on the spot. Sweet!
post #19 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Supporting Vendor

That's an awesome deal! Thank you for your support Mantra. We appreciate your business.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #20 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 AM

what ? dosent everyone name there car shoot mine is named juju (since i have a ll bean) will be hitting up Dt soon for tires also

2001- outback wagon gt
2006- Outback wagon LL BEAN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: