Today's Discount Tire experience. - Page 3 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #21 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Car: 2005 Outback 2.5i
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, yesterday I rolled into Discount Tire and walked out with a new set of Kumho Solus KR21's. I shopped online and found a cheaper deal, they matched with no questions and I bought the free replacement certs just in case. Good deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

^
Thank you for your support spigatelli!

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Car: 2007 Outback XT Ltd
I have been a huge fan of my local DT store for eight years. It took me about three years of calling around and surfing to realize that the good folks there will do their best to match any other deal, and they can order ANY tire or wheel, even if it isn't listed at the DT website. (The DT website sucks and is hard to use, IMHO). After that, I just shop for a wheel or tire online, then buy from my local store. I have to pay state sales tax, but I can count on flawless followup service.

They have always treated me with friendship and care. They know me by name after four sets of wheels and tires. I had them order a set of Sport Edition winter wheels for my '07 Outback from the Other Online Tire Source, because I don't care for the multi-hole style of DTs MB store brand. It was no hassle - the salesman just created an entry in their computer and matched the other price and shipping charges. "No problem!" he said with a smile.

To the DT moderator: please read the following post and respond! I would have made this a new thread here, but the Vendor forum is locked:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ch-season.html

I think these Orange sensors are the next great thing. There are SO many cars out there that will experience dead TPMS batteries in the next few years, that we need inexpensive clonable replacements for our OEM wheels as well as our winter ones.

My local DT store manager says he can't buy these sensors and the hand held tool - the main office has to decide and then all the stores will be able to. Considering how many hours of labor each store will save by not reprogramming the car computers twice a year, I think this is short sighted ... but maybe I can stir up some action here.

Can you comment about these sensors? I want a set but there is not one tire shop in the area who can help me!

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

http://www.spokanister.net
post #24 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Car: 2005 xt limited gone but not forgotten
I have used Discount Tire locally for two of my vehicles and soon will be using them for my third and fourth vehicle.

I have a Z06 that takes a 265x40x17 front tire. I wanted a set of General UHP's but they only came in 275x40x17. A brand X store refused me service unless I ordered from a manufacturer that supplied a 265x40x17 tire. I dropped by Discount Tire which is 15 miles farther away from my home and they agreed they weren't spec'ed tire size, but check a chart and said the tire was within range to work just fine on the Z. The installed the 275x40x17's on the front and a set of 295x35x18's on the rear balanced and out the door in 40 minutes. Four months later they got my F150 truck business. Soon they will get my Honda van business and later my Subie business. Customer loyalty is earned through honesty, integrity and service, not always lowest price (although it has been lowest), and I appreciate it.
post #25 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:17 PM

Car: 2011 Forester XT touring
been a DT fan for quite some time now. The service and inventory has put the local Firestone and tiresplus to shame. Thumbs up guys

Rolled and totaled 2010 2.5 Outback premium
March 2011
post #26 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Car: 2011, OB 3.6r Ltd/Nav
I just wish DT would get on board the Nitrogen train. I have to take my OB to a competitor because they do lifetime Nitrogen maint.
post #27 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for all the kind words everyone. We appreciate your support.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #28 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 AM

Car: 2011 Subaru Outback Limited, red
Nitrogen is BS. When it's a problem, my car's name is "shibox," otherwise, it's just the car.
post #29 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM

Car: '03 OBW LTD Black/Black, '10 2.5i Premium Cypress Green
Send a message via AIM to dakboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I just wish DT would get on board the Nitrogen train. I have to take my OB to a competitor because they do lifetime Nitrogen maint.
You should know that Nitrogen is snake oil. You're basically asking DT to "get on board" with a scam.

'03 OWB LTD Black/Black 2.5 4EAT
Alpine CDA-9847/SIR-ALP1
-----------
'10 OB 2.5i Premium Cypress Green CVT
post #30 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Davies View Post
I have been a huge fan of my local DT store for eight years. It took me about three years of calling around and surfing to realize that the good folks there will do their best to match any other deal, and they can order ANY tire or wheel, even if it isn't listed at the DT website. (The DT website sucks and is hard to use, IMHO). After that, I just shop for a wheel or tire online, then buy from my local store. I have to pay state sales tax, but I can count on flawless followup service.

They have always treated me with friendship and care. They know me by name after four sets of wheels and tires. I had them order a set of Sport Edition winter wheels for my '07 Outback from the Other Online Tire Source, because I don't care for the multi-hole style of DTs MB store brand. It was no hassle - the salesman just created an entry in their computer and matched the other price and shipping charges. "No problem!" he said with a smile.

To the DT moderator: please read the following post and respond! I would have made this a new thread here, but the Vendor forum is locked:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/...ch-season.html

I think these Orange sensors are the next great thing. There are SO many cars out there that will experience dead TPMS batteries in the next few years, that we need inexpensive clonable replacements for our OEM wheels as well as our winter ones.

My local DT store manager says he can't buy these sensors and the hand held tool - the main office has to decide and then all the stores will be able to. Considering how many hours of labor each store will save by not reprogramming the car computers twice a year, I think this is short sighted ... but maybe I can stir up some action here.

Can you comment about these sensors? I want a set but there is not one tire shop in the area who can help me!

John Davies
Spokane WA USA
We do not sell Orange Electronics but we do have a programmable/cloneable sensor which is produced by Schrader called the EZ Sensor.

Schrader International: A Tomkins Company

The cost per sensor is $69.00

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: