Another positive Discount Tire experience - Page 2 - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post

Yes, you're correct, the Cooper Evolution Winter has replaced the ST/2 on our marketing plan. Your local Discount Tire may be able to order in the ST/2 if Cooper has stock available, though. You'll need to touch base directly with the store to see what they can do for you.

As for the Champiro Studdable, this is an economical entry level winter tire. It's a no-frills tire with basic features, but it's a very safe tire and maintains pliability in frigid conditions.
its a shame to dismiss the weathermaster for its traditional bi-directional tread. V treads are quieter,...but you can't rotate them in a X without remounting.

there are no Discount Tire Storefronts,...within 75 miles of me,...and I wonder if there are any within several hundred miles. (I don't see a listing anywhere as to what states you are in,...except to say there are more then 1000 individual store fronts).

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
its a shame to dismiss the weathermaster for its traditional bi-directional tread. V treads are quieter,...but you can't rotate them in a X without remounting.

there are no Discount Tire Storefronts,...within 75 miles of me,...and I wonder if there are any within several hundred miles. (I don't see a listing anywhere as to what states you are in,...except to say there are more then 1000 individual store fronts).
Discount Tire Direct can certainly help since you don't have a Discount Tire location in your area.

I checked with Cooper regarding the 205/55R-16 ST/2 and this tire has been discontinued and they no longer have inventory available. DTD does have the Evolution readily available if you decide to make the switch.

As for the states we have stores in, that information is not offered through a "map" online but I can tell you that we have locations in the following states. If you would like us to narrow down the closest location to you just shoot us a PM with your zip code

Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Mexico
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Carolina's
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wagon & a 2.5 Limited Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Discount Tire Direct can certainly help since you don't have a Discount Tire location in your area.

I checked with Cooper regarding the 205/55R-16 ST/2 and this tire has been discontinued and they no longer have inventory available. DTD does have the Evolution readily available if you decide to make the switch.

As for the states we have stores in, that information is not offered through a "map" online but I can tell you that we have locations in the following states. If you would like us to narrow down the closest location to you just shoot us a PM with your zip code

nothing in the northeast states = a long trip to Ohio or Virginia.

are there any bi-directional snows left or being made by anyone that DT buys from. ...or have they all decided to go to V-tread. ?

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
nothing in the northeast states = a long trip to Ohio or Virginia.

are there any bi-directional snows left or being made by anyone that DT buys from. ...or have they all decided to go to V-tread. ?
Hopefully, we'll be out your way soon!

Here are a couple options to check out that don't utilize a direction V tread pattern:

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...-epz-2/p/11633

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/b...k-ws80/p/19789

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
This morning it was our Camry's turn for new shoes.

Just got back from DT. I got 5 tires, sort of. They grabbed a wrong size (225 instead of 215) for one of the tires and had to swap it back out. But the coffee was hot while I waited.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

My apologies for the tire size mix-up, Matt!

I'm glad to hear the coffee was hot - thanks again for your support!
KansasMatthew likes this.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

I just happened to catch it. I did a walk around when I was picking up the car. I'm not sure what made me check, but I glanced at the sidewalls and did a double take. I checked all 4 again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. They took care of it right away. They were very busy this morning and the guy who pulled the tires off the rack said he simply grabbed a wrong tire. It's all good now.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasMatthew View Post
I just happened to catch it. I did a walk around when I was picking up the car. I'm not sure what made me check, but I glanced at the sidewalls and did a double take. I checked all 4 again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. They took care of it right away. They were very busy this morning and the guy who pulled the tires off the rack said he simply grabbed a wrong tire. It's all good now.
Good eye! Glad they fixed it quickly.

At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 AM

Car: '18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
Not a current event...couple years back needed new tires. Living in an area that is limited for 'tire stores', went to your shop in Mankato, MN. Short version, IMPRESSED! When I heard the shop manager instruct the tech on the proper use of a torque wrench...ya got me as a customer!

Thanx for the confidence.

Bill
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE507 View Post
Not a current event...couple years back needed new tires. Living in an area that is limited for 'tire stores', went to your shop in Mankato, MN. Short version, IMPRESSED! When I heard the shop manager instruct the tech on the proper use of a torque wrench...ya got me as a customer!

Thanx for the confidence.

Bill
That's another thing I noticed the first time I went to DT... they use a torque wrench on the lug nuts instead of just hammering them tight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: