Another positive Discount Tire experience - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Car: '13 2.5 Premium
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another positive Discount Tire experience

I was due for the routine rotate and balance on my Michelins I got from DT about a year and a half ago.

I kept putting it off because there was no hurry. This morning I noticed a nail in one of the tires so I figured it was as good a time as any.

Made the appointment about 2 hrs in advance, got the vehicle in, tires rotated, balanced, repaired, remounted. The tire tech used a torque wrench to make the final snug (I'm always used to only seeing air wrenches being used at other tire places.) He also topped off the spare tire. Total cost $0.00.

As I was pulling out I saw one of my neighbors walking in. He was in for a routine rotate and balance and also had found a nail. Small world.

Thanks, DT.

borislanger and N4HHE like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
maybe a nail from the same source.

like 18 years ago I had a single tire over 3 weeks get 3 sheared off bolts in it one at at time.

one plug, 2 plugs, 3 plugs.

must have flopped out of a pickup or dump truck , somewhere along my daily route.
gotten run over by other cars to make points, and then in my front drivers side tire.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Best? Worst? nail experience we had:

We took my wife's car in for a nail repair and a few minutes later we got a phone call asking us to come back.

There wasn't a nail in the tire, there were six. I only saw one and stopped looking.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 02:05 PM

My locat DT two locations badly needs to combine the two stores and staff and move into a big facility!!! It takes hours and hours at either location both have terrible parking space. A toys R us closed in the same area they could easily take over that space and have 20 lifts going ha!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Car: 03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
yeah, some of our DTs seem to be in spots that are awkward/crowded for parking.

maybe they look for the cheapest spot on busier roads????

Time Flies Like an Arrow,
Fruit Flies Like a Banana!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Car: 2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
@Discount Tire

I was looking at your selections for Cooper studded,

are you discontinuing Cooper Studdable Weathermaster ST/2 for Cooper Studdable "Evolution Winter" V treads?

and what do you think of Champiro Studdable. ( the "bargin" alternative that you can put studs in ) ?

looking at 205/55/16 for a relative's front drive car.

? Want people to stop needing to ask what exact car you have? year -model -engine -trans, scroll down to "your car":

Found a Subaru Vin Decoder (also works on many manufactures):

If you feel Sofa King intolerant to the ideas expressed by others:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Car: 2018 Outback 2.5i Premium
I had DT order a set of Conti DWS06 tires for my Volvo S60 about a month ago. I made an appointment to have the tires installed and when I arrived at the specified time, they told me it would be 2-3 hours before they could even get the car on the lift. Made two more appointments and was told the same thing.

I told DT to forget the deal and called the local Euro car shop I deal with for that car and he quoted me a competitive price. He said it would take about 5 days to get the tires. He called me the next day and said he had the tires. He said someone cancelled an order for the set of the tires at one of his suppliers. �� You’d think DT would have been motivated to get the tires on my car seeing as how they special ordered them.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 PM

Car: 2018 Outback Lim 2.5
5 cars, all the tires from Discount, the newest one took out the Discount certificate, never had anything other than exceptional service. The store has gotten so popular, that it can be difficult sometimes to get in without an appointment. Never a bad experience.
Discount Tire likes this.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

A couple days ago I set up an appointment at DT for our Toyota. Will be getting new tires over the Thanksgiving weekend so I can get their Black Friday deal.
Discount Tire likes this.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

Our apologies for missing this thread everyone!

We appreciate your support and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here as it is valuable to our organization in order for us to improve our service as well as communication with our customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
@Discount Tire

I was looking at your selections for Cooper studded,

are you discontinuing Cooper Studdable Weathermaster ST/2 for Cooper Studdable "Evolution Winter" V treads?

and what do you think of Champiro Studdable. ( the "bargin" alternative that you can put studs in ) ?

looking at 205/55/16 for a relative's front drive car.
Yes, you're correct, the Cooper Evolution Winter has replaced the ST/2 on our marketing plan. Your local Discount Tire may be able to order in the ST/2 if Cooper has stock available, though. You'll need to touch base directly with the store to see what they can do for you.

As for the Champiro Studdable, this is an economical entry level winter tire. It's a no-frills tire with basic features, but it's a very safe tire and maintains pliability in frigid conditions.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: